“Clean Rooms and Friendly Service”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kennett Square
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed here for two weekend nights. The front desk staff was friendly, my room was clean and the decor was pleasant.

The breakfast area had a nice selection of fruit, breads (including microwave breakfast sandwiches and do-it-yourself Belgian waffles) and dairy, including Greek yogurt. Just keep an eye on the expiration dates on the yogurt cups--the first one that I picked up had been expired for about 10 days.

The bed was comfortable and there were plenty of pillows and an extra blanket too. The heat worked well and the fan had an "On" setting so that it wasn't clicking on and off constantly with the heat, one of my pet peeves if I'm trying to sleep.

Since I was facing the parking lot, it was relatively quiet other than some noise in the middle of the night when a group of very boisterous people were out front smoking cigarettes by the front door and yelling to each other. Nothing you can do about that. Ditto for loud hotel doors slamming every 1/2 hour or so all night. I have rarely been in a hotel where that wasn't the case unless the place was empty.

The hotel gym was OK, two treadmills and an elliptical trainer. I took advantage of the deal that this hotel has with the local YMCA to give guests free admission to the Y during their stay. The Y has a nice indoor lap pool and an indoor track. Very nice.

I would certainly stay at this hotel again--it certainly seems like one of the better options in Kennett Square.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank teefisch

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I was very happy with our stay here. The staff take their work seriously and are efficient and professional. I liked our 1 bedroom suite - new, fresh, clean and spacious. It faced the ample carpark and there was no road noise whatsoever. The beds were comfortable and internet was complimentary and fast.

A few surprises - we brought a bottle of wine and asked for some glasses to drink it from. They have a "no glass" policy so we drank from plastic cups. They did however, lend me a cork screw.

The other surprise was that it was so difficult to find. I wish they'd describe in more detail on their website, how to get there. Our GPS couldn't find it. Also, when driving into town to dine (because there's no restaurant on the premises), be aware that it's a one way system. It was a surprise given the smallness of the town.

I found the place refreshing and very close to Longwood Gardens. Definitely would recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the car park are quiet
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheDoor_isopen
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I recently stayed when planning a visit to Longwood Gardens. There is ample parking available, staff is friendly and most importantly the rooms are clean.
Breakfast has breads, fruit, cereal, yogurts, fresh waffle, and frozen breakfast sandwiches. Tea and coffee are always available in the lobby.
But the best part - only 4 minutes away from one of the best private estates around.
Only reason it's not excellent - some rooms face a rather busy highway and the noise of the traffic can be bothersome.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tonya329
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I recently stayed here while on business in Kennett Square. The hotel was clean, the wireless worked well in the room and the bed was very comfortable. There are several good food options nearby and the hotel is conveniently located just off of Route 1. The front desk staff was friendly and always said hello when passing. I recommend you spend the few extra dollars and get the King Suite. It provides a little more space, microwave and frig.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Thomas T
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I usually stay at the Hilton Garden Inn while visiting family in the Brandywine area. I had them make my arrangements to stay and they booked it for the Fairfield up the road. I was coming south-bound, so I didn't have any difficulty finding the hotel. Although, the highway noise was more interfering then that of the Hilton, I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The employees were very friendly and helpful during my stay. The breakfast attendants were both very smiley and although the one seemed like she was running back and fourth doing work., she still stopped and greeted me as well as helped me with finding the coffee and making waffles. The front desk woman was very personable and asked me if there was anything additional that I had needed. I would not change anything at all about these employees. Over all, I will not be returning to the Hilton and am looking forward to my next visit in the area.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the other side of the hotel, not facing the highway and I am sure you will be golden.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Nm10510
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is the first time we stayed at this Fairfield Inn. The room was very nice and clean. The bed was comfortable. Room rate was a bit high. The inn was difficult to locate. We could see it from Route 1 on the right side...driving North...but finding how to get to the entrance was difficult. Coming South on Route 1...it is not as difficult to locate.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Connie M
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed here following the annual Kennett Brewfest. The location was convenient, the staff was friendly, and the place was clean and attractive. I'd definitely stay here again.

The complimentary breakfast wasn't terrible, but it did get quite crowded on a Sunday morning. There were 3-4 people waiting in line to make waffles, toast, and the like. And the layout of the breakfast didn't allow easy access to items, and people were having problems moving about. If the hotel staff would rework the traffic flow in the area, they'd have a winner. But for now, I'd consider heading out for breakfast on the weekends.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Inn at Mendenhall, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester
Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford
Best Western Plus Concordville Hotel

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley? Share your experiences!