I stayed here for two weekend nights. The front desk staff was friendly, my room was clean and the decor was pleasant.
The breakfast area had a nice selection of fruit, breads (including microwave breakfast sandwiches and do-it-yourself Belgian waffles) and dairy, including Greek yogurt. Just keep an eye on the expiration dates on the yogurt cups--the first one that I picked up had been expired for about 10 days.
The bed was comfortable and there were plenty of pillows and an extra blanket too. The heat worked well and the fan had an "On" setting so that it wasn't clicking on and off constantly with the heat, one of my pet peeves if I'm trying to sleep.
Since I was facing the parking lot, it was relatively quiet other than some noise in the middle of the night when a group of very boisterous people were out front smoking cigarettes by the front door and yelling to each other. Nothing you can do about that. Ditto for loud hotel doors slamming every 1/2 hour or so all night. I have rarely been in a hotel where that wasn't the case unless the place was empty.
The hotel gym was OK, two treadmills and an elliptical trainer. I took advantage of the deal that this hotel has with the local YMCA to give guests free admission to the Y during their stay. The Y has a nice indoor lap pool and an indoor track. Very nice.
I would certainly stay at this hotel again--it certainly seems like one of the better options in Kennett Square.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott located in historic Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, experience small town friendliness during each stay! Enjoy a tour of Longwood Gardens in the Mushroom Capital of the World! Stroll downtown Kennett Square and visit our shops, galleries and dine in our local restaurants. Bring the family along and walk one of our famous trails including the historic Kennett Square walking tour or the Brandywine Valley Wine Trail. Schedule your visit around the annual Kennett Square Mushroom Festival in September or the Microbrew Festival in October. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, the Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square is within reach. We offer what you want including clean, comfortable guest rooms and friendly service. Enjoy our complimentary hot breakfast featuring Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, indoor pool and FREE high speed Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Kennett Square
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Hotel Kennett Square