“Updated Decor & Helpful Staff”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kennett Square
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is a mid-price hotel that offers a lot for the money. An indoor pool can be priceless when you are traveling with children, and theirs, while small is attractive and easy to find and use. The decor is simple and appealing, with dramatic touches here and there. The beds were immaculate and comfortable. We stayed on the highway side and did not find road noises terribly loud. If you are visiting Longwood Gardens, this is a great choice because it is close and pleasant. Breakfast was good, and the coffee was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank fairville
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This place is one of the best I've stayed at in a while. My entire experience was great.

The building is fairly new the staff was friendly and attentive. I was asked on multiple days by different staff how my stay was going and if I needed anything.

The rooms are clean, the sheets and towels are white and the beds are comfortable

The free breakfast was very good. They had waffles, bagels and muffins as well as healthy options like low-fat cream cheese, fruit and Greek yogurt. They had hot options but these were refrigerated meat egg and cheese sandwiches that you heat in the microwave.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank DanFromNM
Reviewed August 20, 2012

A friend and I came to the Brandywine Valley this past week to visit Longwood Gardens, Winterthur and the Brandywine River Museum. I cannot speak highly enough of this gem of a hotel. It is very convenient to all the attractions, modern and immaculately clean. What sets it apart however is the staff. I have never been treated so well, even at 5* resorts. We were warmly welcomed, then the front desk called about 20 mins after we went up to our room to make sure we were happy with it! At breakfast Juan fetched us cutlery and condiments without us even asking and constantly cleaned up the service area and tables. Requests for directions and restaurant recommendations at the front desk were cheerfully provided.

The room had very comfortable beds each with 4 pillows of assorted softness/firmness. It was very quiet (no noise from road as the hotel is set back). I really appreciated getting 4 full sized bath towels for 2 people. There was an ironing board, coffee machine and a small hairdryer.

Being hypoglycemic I'm always skeptical of hotel breakfasts but this one provided ample choices including breakfast sandwiches with egg, cheese and meat as well as cereal, waffles, yoghurt, peanut butter and fruit. Coffee and tea is available 24 hrs in the lobby.

There is an exercise room with a variety of machines and free weights, also an indoor pool and whirlpool (my only comment would be that the whirlpool temperature needs to be lowered a little as it was really hot).

In a corner of the lobby is a small business center consisting of a computer and printer, always a plus when you forget your laptop as I did.

Reserve at this hotel with confidence whether it's for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank scasci
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed here for one night over a weekend in July 2012. As a Platinum Marriott member, I was pleased that they upgraded me to a King Suite, and I had chosen this property because it is the "newer" style of Fairfield Inn & Suites, having been built in 2009. The front desk staff members were all exceptional - Rhonda and Rich were honest and thoughtful. Our King Suite did border a very loud road, and the staff were upfront about this, even placing a sound machine and ear plugs in the room ahead of time. The noise didn't bother me (as I stay in hotels all the time), but my boyfriend was pleased to have the noise blocking elements. The room was large and the bathroom was great - large countertop space, good water pressure, and everything looked clean and bright. Getting to the hotel, parking, and checking in were also very easy. The complimentary breakfast was simple, but did have a good selection of fruits, yogurts, hot sandwiches, and cereals. Definitely a good value overall and a nice, simple hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the highway are noisy, but the hotel provides ear plugs and a sound machine if you...
1  Thank volksaudinut
Reviewed July 21, 2012

My son and I stayed 2 nights to visit Longwood Gardens and Brandywine Museum. I thought the room was very nice & updated. The front desk changed our room to a King Suite which suited our needs better with my young son. Breakfast was good and it is close to attractions. Cannot walk to restaurants, but there are a few good ones that are nearby. Indoor pool was great for little kids. Overall great stay and people were very friendly.

1  Thank 5025emy
Reviewed July 18, 2012

It was difficult to find a reasonably-priced room in the Brandywine/Kennett Square area. We thought we had done OK when we located the Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott, due to their reputation for quality accommodations. However, when we arrived, we discovered their advertised "highest standard" rooms do not even have a microwave or refrigerator. Even the lower-end chains typically have these as "standard." I was very surprised our room did not. (For $132 a night (AAA rate) for two people, wouldn't you expect at least the same accommodations as a low-end chain motel?) We assumed they had made a mistake in our room assignment, and when we went back downstairs to complain, they told us that only the "king suites" had microwave and refrigerator. I asked about upgrading, due to the misconception, but they wanted to charge me an extra $20 a night (even with AAA), and we would be losing the second bed in exchange for only a (very small, uncomfortable) pull-out sleeper sofa. We finally settled on a "slight" additional price increase for the upgrade (which at that point I was disgusted and just accepted). We needed the refrigerator. When we got to the room, we discovered how small and uncomfortable the sofa was, and that the (tiny) refrigerator had no freezer compartment, so we had to keep using ice from the machine to keep things cold enough, and we could not freeze our travel ice packs. The microwave was very tiny, and the tiny coffee pot would only make one small cup. Also, they moved us to the back side of the hotel, next to the traffic - which, thankfully, was not as bad as some reviews had led us to believe. However, there was only one set of earplugs in the room - in the upgraded king suite. How much would an extra pair of earplugs cost? Is only one person supposed to need them, and the other have to go back down to the lobby to request more?

As for the bathroom, beware there is no tread/grip on the bathtub floor, so it is very slippery, and the shower head is mounted so high, that if you are less than 5'4" or 5'5", forget about adjusting it. You won't be able to reach it.

Breakfast was just OK. Nothing special. About what you would expect for a low-end chain.

If this is the "highest standard" for the Marriott, I will be looking elsewhere in the future.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you need a microwave and refrigerator.
1  Thank SCtripSC
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Stayed two nights to visit Longwood Gardens and the other local attractions. Within 5 minutes of going to our room, the front desk called to see if we found the room to our liking and ask if we needed anything. The hotel is clean and modern. The breakfast was typical fare that you find these days at similar establishments. All of the staff were friendly and helpful.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Inn at Mendenhall, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester
Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley? Share your experiences!