“lovely room, great stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kennett Square
GreenLeadersBronze level
Branchville, New Jersey
“lovely room, great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2011

Had an extended king room, and loved it. A bit of noise from the highway, but otherwise absolutely perfect. Felt and smelled new, staff was very friendly.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2011

The rooms were well-sized. The king studio had a small sitting area with a sofa bed and flatscreen TV with a partial divider to the bedroom. The 1-bedroom, 2-room suite was fairly generous. The outer room had a four-person table along with a sofa bed and desk. Both styles of rooms had mini fridges. Double-doors divide the two rooms. Each room had a separate thermostat and window heat pump. The weather was temperate, so our heat pump didn't turn on while were there. I can't say if it would have disturbed our sleep.

The beds were comfortable and there was a generous amount of pillows. The hotel was quite quiet. The hotel was pretty full, even so, I hardly noticed the other guests at night. I did hear some door slams around 10 PM, but nothing else.

The service was noteworthy, especially for this price class. Rhonda at the front desk was friendly and helpful. When I mentioned two minor problems upon checkout: one remote in the room didn't work; and I noticed a problem with the closet door while I was checking to see if we had left anything. She offered me a discount for the inconvenience even though I wasn't inconvenienced (except that I had to switch the bedroom and living room remotes). Juan in the breakfast area worked hard to keep everything stocked and the tables clean. He was even gracious enough to ask someone in our group who had just come down if she wanted breakfast before he took everything away.

The included breakfast was standard fare. Waffles, bagels, muffins, cereal, yogurt, and microwave breakfast sandwiches. Coffee and tea were available 24-hours.

The pool was small, but heated.

The location was just OK, but it was convenient to Longwood and Crosslands.

We will definitely be looking to stay here rather than Painters Crossroads the next time we're in the Kennett Square area.

We will check here first when we're back in the Kennett Square area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Lincoln, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2011

Looks like hotel has been remodeled.Small pool and fitness ctr,but it's enough for 1 or 2 nights

• Stayed April 2011
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2011

This hotel really exceeded our expectations. It is truly as nice as it looks on the website. The room was very clean. The bed sheets and bath towels were very clean. Also, the hotel and room decor was really nice. The bed we slept in was very comfortable and our room was very quiet. We had everything we needed in our room. The hotel staff at the front desk was extremely helpful and kind. The complimentary breakfast offered a huge variety. Finally, the location of the Fairfield was right of the main road but near the beautiful downtown area restaurants and stores.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2011

Stayed here while visiting Longwood Gardens. Spotless room, comfortable arrangement, great complimentary breakfast in morning with lots of choices that were healthy, extremely helpful staff, and we were asked at checkout if they could improve in some way. Our answer was that no improvements were needed - they went out of their way to be helpful. It is a bit hard to find, so better directions on the website would be helpful. We will be back

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2011

Had to make a quick reservation on short notice, this hotel was available and in the right area. It was clean, modern, and a great fit for our trip. The breakfast was well stocked and there was something for everyone in my family. If we needed to stay overnight in the area again, we'd choose this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Saint Paris, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2010

Well, I guess by trying to be loyal to the Marriott brand I became spoiled with great customer service.
I make a couple of visits a year to this location for business but never noticed the Fairfield because it is just in a poor location. So I would normally stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. (Definitely more convieninent and actually quite a bit cheaper)
These are really the only two hotels to choose from when staying in this town. So, I decided to try the Fairfield this time because of my loyalty to the Marriott brand.
The hotel is very clean and pretty new. Whether I was a Rewards Member or not, I have always been impressed with the customer service at Marriotts. This hotel lacked customer service and I was surprised to find out that they don't even care if you are a loyal customer. When I noticed that the room I reserved had no frig or microwave, I went to see if I could get one that did have what I needed. Normally a free upgrade is not a big deal. I was told "that only works at full service hotels" when referring to my Rewards Member status. So, I cancelled all of my returning trips to this hotel and rescheduled them for the Hilton.
Also, I think they must have the smallest pool ever for a hotel. Its just a little bit bigger than the hot tub.
I will say that, for being right next to the highway, it was pretty quiet.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank mmiller623
ffisks, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley, responded to this review, January 7, 2011
Thank you for addressing these concerns regarding your stay at our property. We have recently completed our own investigation to discuss these circumstances further with you personally to ensure your next stay with us is pleasurable. Thank you for taking the time to bring these matters to our attention. We truly do appreciate your feedback!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennett Square
#1 of 1 in Chadds Ford
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester
BEST WESTERN Plus Concordville Hotel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley? Share your experiences!