“Gem in a Strip Mall”
Review of Floga Bistro

Floga Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Floga Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Baltimore Pike
Description: Elegant Italian Restaurant with a Mediterennean flair. Kids friendly and B.Y.O.B. Dine in take out and delivery.
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Floga was recommended to us by "Rich" at Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott (Kennett Square). It is 5 minutes from Fairfield - located at 826 East Baltimore Pike, Kennett Square (in the Marlborough Square Mall near Giant supermarket). It has curb appeal - outdoor seating, as well as a chalkboard announcing the evening specials. The wait staff is very friendly and attentive. When our waiter, Dave, said, "You select a table and I will follow you with the menus", we were "home". The food is Mediterranean (mostly Italian and some Greek); portions are large; and prices are very fair. Oh, and it is a BYOB place. The first night we dined there,(yes! I did say "the first night"), the Mediterranean lentil soup was fantastic and the Seafood Vesuvio and Vitello Saltibocca were amazing -- as were the warm rolls and dipping oil and the Tiramisu for dessert. We returned the following evening to a "great encore". Maddy served us Penne Vodka and incredible Pollo A La Parmigiano. Don't miss this place. When we are back in the area again, we look forward to having a great dinner.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The food quality was excellent. Fresh ingredients, large selection, friendly and attentive service. We ate here twice in a four day stay. Highly recommend and I will definitely return every time I am in the area. Don't pass this restaurant by if you love Italian food!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had not been to Floga for several years and decided to give it another go.
The first thing you notice are the walls which are crowded with "starving artist" scenes. The piaintings plus the outdated decor make me feel hemmed in.
Our booth was in a location where there was no way our server could see us and at times we were left for long periods on our own although the restaurant was not full.
I ordered the "vegetarian" lentil soup only to find it full of meat. The Mediterranean salad was very good with enough for a 2nd meal. My husband's chicken and cheese panini was good and came accompanied by delicious homemade chips.
In addition to our server's indifference there was another server, a man, with a loud voice and no sense of boundaries. He hung over the only other occupied table and talked continuously about what he liked to eat and voicing his preferences to the people who were his captives. If he had been our server I would have asked him to go away.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Some people may not even give this restaurant a second glance because it is in a strip mall, but please don't let that sway you! I have been here three times and it just gets better and better! The service is outstanding and the fresh and unique Italian dishes are mouth-watering. Pasta and fish are the specialties and everything that we have had there has been some of the best we have had anywhere, including Little Italy. I was even able to use a Groupon! It may not be a special occasion restaurant, but it is very convenient to Longwood Garden and I highly recommend it.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Kennett Square seems to have several restaurants located in strip malls that look like a glorified deli from the outside but are full service restaurants inside. This one actually had a nice décor. The food and service were very good and the waiter was amusing. He should have a gig in a comedy club.

I enjoyed the Pollo al Parmesan (chicken parmesan) and my sister-in-law really liked her Salata Artemis (with fresh strawberries on it).