“It lives up to its reputation”

Portabello's of Kennett Square
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of historic Kennett Square, Portabello's has something for everyone. Chef Owner, Brett Hulbert's menus offer tempting selections for lunch and dinner! Amazing burgers, artisan soups and sandwiches along with signature dishes which include, Firecracker Shrimp, Mushroom Crepes, Crispy Duck, Short Rib Stroganoff & Shellfish Fra diavolo! Come visit us...we look forward to cooking for you!
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We had heard about Portabello's long before we went to Kennett Square, and we wanted to eat there for sure. We were not disappointed. We got a high table at the end of the cooking bar, so we could oversee the kitchen: "the best table in the house," we were told. And it was. We ordered the specials for that day. We had a spicy cod dish with kalamata olives in a spicy salsa, a grilled swordfish filet over rice with trumpet mushrooms. Yes, Kennett Square IS the mushroom capital of the world. And Portabello's does it justice. The dishes were delicious. The sourdough bread came with a hummus, roasted portabello butter that was incredible. An appetizer of portabello fries was delicious. And the price was reasonable for an upscale dinner. Just remember that the restaurant, like many restaurants in Kennett Square is BYOB.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

chef is beyond enthusiastic about food and the little town of Kennett Square.
Had dinner with friend at one of the high tops in the back with a great view of the kitchen!
Went back on the Taste of Kennett Food tour, my husband was raving about it all the way home!
Cant wait to return!

Reviewed May 17, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful experience at this restaurant. The food was beautifully prepared and served, the staff was very professional (attentive, relaxed, what more could one ask for) and the owners were great. And BYOB; we enjoyed nice wines paired with their foods. Would definitely return.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

My husband and I ate here on a Thursday after 5 long hours on the road and were exhausted; fortunately the place was quiet. This is a BYOB restaurant and our bottle of sauvignon blanc was immediately bathed in ice. The waitress was first rate, always there for us when we needed her, but never pushy. The owners (husband and wife, he the chef) were very friendly, but again not pushy. The food was scrumptious. The mango salad which included perfectly ripe morsels of mango, mango and ginger stilton cheese and arugula was one of the best salads we had ever eaten. My mouth waters as I remember it. I had the crispy duck, probably the best I have ever had and I've eaten in many different countries - perfectly moist and deliciously succulent inside and crispy on the outside. The scoops of icecream we had for dessert were delicious, especially the strawberry cream.
It's a good thing we live 5 hours from this restaurant or we might end up in the poor house!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Very high service quality, the waiter took excellent care of us. And the food was excellent : the mushrooms noodle were just awesome. The chocolate tarte was decadent and went so well with the great espresso.