“Warm, inviting atmosphere”

Portabello's of Kennett Square
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of historic Kennett Square, Portabello's has something for everyone. Chef Owner, Brett Hulbert's menus offer tempting selections for lunch and dinner! Amazing burgers, artisan soups and sandwiches along with signature dishes which include, Firecracker Shrimp, Mushroom Crepes, Crispy Duck, Short Rib Stroganoff & Shellfish Fra diavolo! Come visit us...we look forward to cooking for you!
“Warm, inviting atmosphere”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I had heard about this little gem. We were warmly greeted by the hostess and our waitress was great. The Clams Cape May were fresh and yummy. I would order this again! The lobster ravioli was fantastic. I could have licked the bowl. The stuffed veal was huge, tender; but unfortunately had an odd after taste. It tasted of freezer! I was disappointed; but everything else was just what I want in a neighborhood restaurant. It was cozy, friendly and tasty with people lingering over their dinner and wine with friends. I will go back eat ravioli and try one of the specials of the evening.

Baltimore
“Great place for fresh cuisine”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We had a good meal there that hit the spot. A very fresh and inspired menu.

Visited April 2012
Landenberg
“Go Now, Go Often!”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

My husband has been here a few times for lunch, but wanted to try their dinner menu...for his birthday. It was my first time at the restaurant, and what a wonderful experience! The decor, ambiance, staff, and most especially, the food, were all divine! Portabello's is a food gem in Kennett! We will be back...soon!

New York
“Talented Chef”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

The staff is very friendly and patient. When I mentioned that my kids had several food allergies, the chef came over to the table to discuss what they liked and what they could eat. Then he went back into the kitchen and whipped up a delicious pasta and chicken dish that was not only allergy friendly but that also tasted delicious! The dish was not on the menu so we were impressed with how quickly he came up with the idea for it, how great it looked and how it was perfectly seasoned. It was the best meal the kids have ever had at a restaurant!
The pasta dishes my husband and I ordered were good and the portions generous. The warm bread and dips that accompanied them also made a great start to our meal.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Excellent Choice”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

My wife and I travel from Baltimore to Kennett Square at least 6 times per year and usually eat at Talula's Table or Sovana Bistro. This past weekend I was searching T/A for info on Longwood Gardens food choices and found Portabello's. I read the reviews and decided to try it out for dinner. We were both impressed with every aspect of the visit. Our waitress Barbara couldn't have been any better. She was attentive without hovering over us too much. The menu has a wide variety, and there were 4 specials to choose from. They start you out with a bean dip and olive oil for your Italian Bread that was as good as any I have ever had. I had the lambchop special and my wife had the Shellfish Fra Diavolo. Both were excellent. Even though my lambchops were a tiny bit overcooked, I ordered medium and 2 of the 4 chops were medium well, the quality of the lamb made that error not matter. My wife's dish had a good size lobster tail that was of very good quality as were the shrimp, and the pasta underneath was cooked perfectly. We had the chocolate/brownie ice cream for desert that comes from La Michoacana Ice Cream down the street. The chef/owner and his wife took time at the end of our meal to check in with us to see how we liked everything. It was a perfect end to a great meal. Between the excellent staff, menu and ambiance we can't wait to try Portabello's again.