“Friendliest staff I have seen”
Review of WK&S Railroad

WK&S Railroad
Ranked #2 of 3 things to do in Kempton
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We went this weekend and the place was great. I have been to a few train station in my area and this one was the best. The staff was great and chearful. The open car was great, my son loved being outside and feeling the breeze. I would highly recommend this railroad and will be returning for another visit.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"halloween"
"woods"

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Great Field Trip we go every year with SNSCC! Friendly staff, children get a ticket punched by ticket taker, eating area and bathrooms avaliable! Great class or family trip!

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Just a nice getaway and time with family and friends. Scenic and slow paced.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Been there a bunch of times. A short 12 mile steam train ride through rural Berks co. You can stop off at a nice little grove for a picnic and catch the next train. Period train station too! Friendly folks.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I'm a RR buff and as such I've visited many steam tourist railroads. The folks at Kempton are by far the friendliest bunch I've visited which makes me keep going back. They're completely volunteer ran which makes them not the biggest or the flashiest, but you're always met with a smile.
I'm not sure about their present policy, but in the past you could ride all day on a ticket if the trains were empty. This always reminded me of the small steam branch lines of the past. Many of which would pick up riders along the way free of charge. The ride takes you across fields, through woods and along streams. Take a picnic lunch and stop at their small grove for lunch and take a later train back at no extra cost. Great family day trip!