“Good service decent food”

Barrel House Restaurant & Tavern
Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in Kane
Cuisines: American
Wellsboro, Pennsylvania
“Good service decent food”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Excellent service here, the staff are extremely friendly! The burgers were very good and the loaded fries were good as well. I tried their lasagna and was disappointed but it wasn't terrible. The bar area is nice and clean and friendly as well

Visited July 2013

Valencia
“good quick lunch”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Good place to stop for lunch. We all had burgers and everyone was satisfied. Not fancy but a good place to eat.

Visited July 2013
Pittsburgh
“Food not good, owner quite rude”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have gone to the Barrel House about ten times since it opened. Breakfast is pretty good and the waitresses are pretty good too. The place is fairly clean. Other than breakfast, the food is not good at all. I know of two people who got very ill from the chicken wings to the point the health department should have been called. The owner is also quite rude to non-regular customers. It's a shame because the place does have potential. I personally recommend "The Tannery" in Wilcox, PA for good (and safe) food and friendlier owners. It's about 5 or so miles south on route 219.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Don M
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super nice place with excellent steaks and ribs!!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I am new to review sites, however, after talking to many locals and was refered here, I looked this place up on my phone. Some of the reviews were not favorable. I have experienced this many times in my travels. I want to post this review because I think there are lots of whiners out there that get some kind of satisfaction from writing bad reviews. This place reminds me of a Texas Road House without the name. The steaks and ribs (what we had) were awsome! Some of the best we ever had! Super friendly service here. We loved the oil and gas memorabilia in the dining room and the bar side was so much fun with a shuffelboard (i have not seen in years) and a pool table. This is a place where I will send my friends and where I will definatly return. Thank you Barrel House for a great evening and all of the area information you had available.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank burghfam
Maryland
“Steadily worse over the past year...”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Regular visitors --- but made our last visit. The waitress in the bar promptly greeted us as a large group (about 10 of us) coming in telling us we couldn't stay because she was closing because "there was not enough business to stay open". Owners say the place is open til 10 -- but its a crapshoot and who wants to spend time and money at a place they ask you to leave when you walk in? That's a new one in customer service...but our last trip out.

Visited December 2012