“Steadily worse over the past year...”

Barrel House Restaurant & Tavern
Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Kane
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Regular visitors --- but made our last visit. The waitress in the bar promptly greeted us as a large group (about 10 of us) coming in telling us we couldn't stay because she was closing because "there was not enough business to stay open". Owners say the place is open til 10 -- but its a crapshoot and who wants to spend time and money at a place they ask you to leave when you walk in? That's a new one in customer service...but our last trip out.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We were traveling through to Canada via the countryside and we came upon Kane,PA. Barrel House Restaurant was an easy find right on the corner of main street. We had a great burger and fries, cole slaw, very generous portions. While eating we previewed homemade pie being served to a nearby table. Yes, it is definitely a must. We shared a piece of blackberry/blueberry pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! Memory lane of my childhood mother's pie was once again renewed. Yum.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Went here for a quick byte after reading the reviews about the good local food served here.

I hope that they do not mean local because it was removed from the freezer and fried here. I was expecting home cooked and was very disappointed in what we received.

I ordered the boneless wings (hot) and they were deep fried and then soaked in the sauce. My wife had the French onion soup and it tasted like they had opened a package of French onion soup mix, pored it in a bowl and put cheese on top. All in all, it as bad…

I do not recommend this if you want local home cooked food.

2  Thank Holeman_157
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Breakfast was great and very in expensive.
Their hot wings where some of the best I've ever eaten! Very tasty, not just hot.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

Fantastic breakfasts. the barrel house offers consistently great food at great prices. the restaurant is updated and clean. this is the only place I've been where they make homemade hash browns and boy are they good. they serve the best breakfast in I've found in the area.