“Local food??”

Cuisines: American
Flower Mound, Texas
“Local food??”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Went here for a quick byte after reading the reviews about the good local food served here.

I hope that they do not mean local because it was removed from the freezer and fried here. I was expecting home cooked and was very disappointed in what we received.

I ordered the boneless wings (hot) and they were deep fried and then soaked in the sauce. My wife had the French onion soup and it tasted like they had opened a package of French onion soup mix, pored it in a bowl and put cheese on top. All in all, it as bad…

I do not recommend this if you want local home cooked food.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Holeman_157

Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“good home cooking”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Breakfast was great and very in expensive.
Their hot wings where some of the best I've ever eaten! Very tasty, not just hot.

Visited May 2012
Pennsylvania
“great breakfast at a great price”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Fantastic breakfasts. the barrel house offers consistently great food at great prices. the restaurant is updated and clean. this is the only place I've been where they make homemade hash browns and boy are they good. they serve the best breakfast in I've found in the area.

Bessemer, Pennsylvania
“Decent dinner at a Decent price.”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Stopped in on a Friday evening for dinner. It's pretty casual. There is a bar on one side of the building and a separate dining room area on the other end. We ate in the dining room area. I had a smothered chicken breast dinner with baked potato and salad, and I had no complaints. Pretty good food. My husband really liked the french onion soup. The fried fish was just okay for him. I am rating this average as I found the food and prices decent. Nothing spectacular though.

• Visited October 2011