“Very pleased with our stay!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites - Lebanon Valley
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Jonestown
“Very pleased with our stay!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were very pleased with our stay. We were traveling to Hershey, and this hotel is 10 minutes on I-81 from the Grantville exit (which is one of the primary exits taken to go to Hershey Park or the Giant Center). There is a Dairy Queen, Sbarro, and Subway directly in front of the hotel, and a Wendy's across the street. We booked a king suite, which was spacious, clean, quiet, and had distinctively nice carpeting (including in the hallways). The cost of the room was reasonable, and we saved more than $70 per night compared to the summer rates at Grantville. We would highly recommend this hotel for those traveling to the Hershey area.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DrSteve B
bwlebanonvalley, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites - Lebanon Valley, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear DrSteve B,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience at our hotel.
We do our best to make sure every stay is memorable and makes every guest happy.
We are in the process of making some changes to our hotel, so please stay with us again in the future to see our updates!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Cinti
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Best economy hotel that we stayed at our whole trip. Wish more were like this. The room was clean and fresh and quiet. The staff was polite. it was convenient to I 80 and I 76. It even had a refrigerator.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Roger B,

I'm happy to hear that our hotel was able to satisfy your needs during your stay. Please consider staying with us again in the future when you are in our area!
Brockport, New York
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I recently stayed at this Best Western In Pine Grove at the end of a very long day driving enroute from North Carolina to Rochester New York. I basically slept, got up and left again. A couple days later, I realized I had left my Kindle e-reader at the motel. I called and not only did the housekeeper find it and turn it in, the front desk promised to mail it to me. A week later, I called again to discover the post office had returned it back to the motel for fear it might be an explosive. The desk staff promised to try again, which they did and it arrived safe and sound! From the beginning many doubting thomases had predicted I would never get it back. This staff is the exception to our jaded little world. The next time I travel near Pine Grove, I will go out of my way to stay again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Dear CillaD47367,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at our establishment. I am so glad to hear that our staff was able to connect and return your Kindle, minus the slight issue with mailing! I again thank you for your positive feedback and hope to see you as a guest in the near future.
Martinsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed here on a Saturday night after spending the day in Hershey. Rooms were clean and not outdated. Staff was friendly. The 8 year old with us enjoyed the pool to herself all evening (all 3 times she went swimming). Room was quiet and a good size. Beds were soft and comfortable. Breakfast was average. Nothing special, just a typical continental breakfast. Convenient to I-81 and has a Sbarro's, Dunkin'Donuts, and Dairy Queen sitting right in front of the hotel. Cost was awesome compared to the price of hotels right in Hershey. Will definitely stay here again when visiting the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Heather S
Dear Heather K,

I am so glad to hear that you had a great stay with us, and that the other guests in your party were able to enjoy our indoor pool. We would love to have you as a guest in the future on your trip back to our area!
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I wish they had called to tell us a kids baseball team was going to be in the hotel the night we stopped there. The hotel itself is nice. However, we ran into a few problems. The hotel was packed with kids...running the halls, throwing cookies all over the 3rd floor carpet; taking up the pool every time we tried to go down to use it. In addition, our bill was messed up when we checked in and again when we checked out. The 800 number where I made our reservation (because I had a free night voucher) specifically said the pet policy is $15 per room, not per pet" but we were charged $30 for our two dogs and another $30 for who knows what. We were told it was fixed but it was still wrong when the bill was put under our door in the morning so I had to get it fixed again. The room itself was perfect, although I had requested a first floor room because of the dogs. I'm sure I would rate the hotel better if these issues didn't occur. It's right off the highway and has nearby convenient amenities.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MarilynJ6354,

I am sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay at our establishment. All of our staff always tries to make each and every stay enjoyable. I ask that you please consider staying with us again in the future so that we can assure a pleasurable stay.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We were very pleased with this stopover. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful with info on local resturants. Room was large and the king size bed was comfortable and the pool was a nice surprise after a long day on the road. The location is convenient to the I-81, gas and Dunkin' Dounuts.
We will certainly put this hotel in our travel plans next year when we hit the road again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
bwlebanonvalley, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites - Lebanon Valley, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Lorraine L,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the amenities at our hotel, and that our staff was able to point you in the direction of a great local restaurant. We would love to have you stay again the next time you're in our area!
Here
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Sadly, Best Westerns have declined in the years past. Not so much here. Staff is great! An' the peach gobbler made from scratch is worth the short drive for some home cookin' after a day on the road (sorry - forgot the resturants' name) ~ enjoy the ryd

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Robert T,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, and that the staff directed you to a local restaurant where you had a great meal. Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to leave feedback from your stay! We hope that you consider stopping and staying with us again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jonestown
Comfort Inn Lebanon Valley/Ft. Indiantown Gap
Days Inn Lebanon/Fort Indiantown Gap
MainStay Suites
MainStay Suites
#4 of 9 in Grantville
Hampton Inn Harrisburg / Grantville / Hershey
Holiday Inn Harrisburg/Hershey
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frackville (Pottsville)

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites - Lebanon Valley? Share your experiences!