All reviews parking garage room service in town inclined plane special thanks hot tub hotel bar nice size common areas ahead of time lobby area pleasant stay business traveler business trip sauna hallway museum
Reviewed July 17, 2018

Stayed here overnight due to location to Amtrak station, which is a 10-15 minute walk through semi-desolate downtown area. Looks like they cleared away a lot of old buildings but new businesses never came. Hotel is nice enough and clean and staff was friendly. Room and bath are typical stuff but again, very clean. There was (purposely) no ventilation fan in the bath which has become typical and really annoys me. Other issues were 2 TV remotes didn't work so I unplugged the TV in hope of a reset. Both the original and replacement remote then worked. Even though the AC was on it's coolest setting our room wasn't cooling down much on a hot night and I noticed a table/desk was blocking much of the airflow. Once I moved the table away the AC worked much better. Spending time rearranging and resetting things was not something I wanted to do after a long day. Last gripe: when I wanted some simple hand-helds for my son and I from room service, there was not a sandwich to be found on the dinner menu. I found this disappointing. Overall a nice, clean place to overnight but the negative details dampened the initial great impression.

Room tip: I asked for a quiet location and was given one.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Amy T, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2018

Hi Tim B,

Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn and for taking the time to write us a review. We take great pride in providing 100% customer satisfaction. I apologize for your experience with the air conditioner, and I assure you we perform regular tests to make sure they are up to optimal performance. I appreciate you taking the extra time out of your day to provide us with your feedback. I hope that you will consider staying with us again soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2018

My family of seven met and booked 4 rooms for June 26, this year.in April 26. Issues began as soon as we arrived. Two of the rooms were Not available, and we did check-in after 3 pm. These rooms DID NOT become available until after 6pm that evening. Totally unacceptable, they knew we were arriving, given the early book date. Then two members of my party needed to switch rooms because of a bow in the bed. But they had to switch again the next evening, and finally a third evening. 3 nights, three different rooms, unbelievable. Remember this is the only recommended hotel in Johnstown, since the town has experienced economic hardships with the close of the steel mills. The staff was very nice in trying to accomodate us, but because of the tourist interest in Johnstown Pa. well there isn't much!

Date of stay: June 2018
Amy T, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2018

Hi 933edwardz,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Downtown Johnstown! I am sorry for the issues you had during your recent stay - please note that while check-in does begin at 3pm, sometimes requested room types may not be available because they were used the evening prior and the housekeeping staff needs time to turn the room over. We take great pride in how we present our property, so the housekeepers strive to make sure each room is perfect for every guest. I do hope you had a nice stay in town, and hope you come back again soon.

Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

This place felt like a motel. I didn’t sleep at all and couldn’t believe that they charge for continental breakfast and what really for me was the $5 parking fee. That’s just insulting. I’ve stayed at the other holiday day inn in Johnstown and had a pleasant experience will go back there but will never stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Amy T, Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2018

Hi MommyDgm,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! I am disappointed to read that you were unhappy with your stay. We underwent a multi-million dollar renovation a few years ago and pride ourselves on our property. As a full-service hotel, which most Holiday Inns are, we have a delicious restaurant on site where you may order breakfast all day and do not offer a complimentary continental. Our sister property you mentioned, the Holiday Inn Express, has a complimentary continental every day as part of their brand. We do charge a nominal $5 parking fee as we are a downtown property and parking spaces are at a premium, however the Express also charges a fee of $3 per night. I do hope you choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed May 21, 2018

Still a well maintained hotel after 2 years from my first visit. The only complaint would be wait staff in the restaurant. On both visits, after taking my order, they brought my food (or I did the buffet breakfast this time) and the bill and were never to be seen, again! Both times I had to wait and wait to pay the bill while you can hear the staff back in the kitchen. Last time I checked, the customers are out front not in the kitchen! The buffet was OK, (on a Sunday) but nothing unusual. Since it was early on Sunday (9:30 AM), more may be put out later in the morning.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Amy T, Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2018

Hi NCtravellerFurhamNC,

Thank you for your recent visit to our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed most of your stay and am sorry to hear about your experience in the restaurant. We do appreciate the time you took to give us a candid review – your honest opinion is of much value, as we strive to provide 100% guest satisfaction every day. I have forwarded your comments onto the dining room management and staff, and measures will be taken to ensure future guests do not encounter similar experiences. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 13, 2018

The rooms are of good size, the wifi signal is very strong. The bed is comfortable and the television service and hardware is very good. The exercise and pool area is ample and very well stocked and maintained. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

The work area is excellent and it is easy to work at the desk and watch the television.

It touches all the bases for a business traveler.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Amy T, Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2018

Hi smalltowntravelerPa,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Johnstown-Downtown and for taking the time to write us such a nice review. I'm happy that we could provide you with the accommodations that you need and value as a business traveler. It is our continued goal to provide 100% customer satisfaction and to be a great hotel that our guests love. I hope that you will stay with us again soon!