“Wonderful accomodations”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Johnstown
Salem, Virginia
“Wonderful accomodations”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

My entire family recently stayed at this hotel when we were in town for my father-in-law's funeral. The staff was so very helpful as we made and changed reservation times, needed at least one late check out, worked with me to put family members with small children in the best rooms for them, and best of all, they allowed us to use - even put a sign on the door for us - their meeting room off the lobby for our large group to take our breakfast, so that we could all be together, have enough seating, and lots of space for the kids. The entire staff made our visit as pleasant as possible!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Kathy M, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, June 2, 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Franklin, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Booked this hotel because of distance to sporting event and I had a free night. Got there early enough but was put on the 5th floor because of "full" hotel. It was a suite which maybe they thought they were doing me a favor. BUT I requested a lower floor. I asked the man at the desk and he just told me they were booked and couldnt change it, though I dont think we had that much trouble parking! The kids went to the pool. They didnt last long since they said it was too chlorinated and their eyes and skin got itchy really quickly. Also, because there is a bar off from the lobby were they sell drinks, some of the people in the pool area seemed like they had one too many! So we just hung up in the room all night. The room seemed small but the extra room had a table, microwave and frig to keep our supper leftovers in. The breakfast was normal for a Comfort Inn, waffles, eggs, cereal etc. The donuts are left in the case at night but they didnt look that appetizing. There isnt really a good place to sit. We sat in what seemed like it doubled for the bar area. Did checkout the hotel in the same parking lot, I think it was a Sleep Inn. It was much smaller and had no extras that I could see.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Very great accomodating staff. I travel a lot, and REALLY enjoyed the smoothness of check in and directiions, !! THE SPACE WAS GREAT, THE parking lot was plowed, the wifi was screaming fast, the food was excllent and the location was good too. I come to expect this from Comfort Inns, so inviting through the service

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Xena2lex
Kathy M, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Thank you for the kind response to our survey. We take a lot of pride in our hotel and staff. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Hotel was very nice. Rooms were spacious. Easy check in even though we got there 2 hours early. Indoor pool which we did not use. They has firm and soft pillows on each bed which is very nice. We did not eat the breakfast but they had donuts (looked like they saw better days), make your own waffles, juices, tea, coffee, milk, toast, cereal. Standard Continental breakfast foods. close proximity to UPJ (around a mile). Walmart, theater and shops across the street. Just dont eat at Hoss's steak and sea. Room $94 plus tax on travelocity. Same price as hotel if you dont have AAA or any other discount. Don't use Travelocity when booking. THey seem to be getting a new computer system. The reservation did not show up on my account and they kept telling me that the itinerary # they sent me via email was not accurate. finally just called the hotel to confirm that it was indeed booked.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank marcab19
Kathy M, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Marcab19,
Thanks for taking the time to comment about our hotel. We appreciated the nice words you said about our hotel. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Lewes, Delaware
Reviewed December 24, 2013

This is a nice hotel porperty located near all you may need for your stay!! Checkin around 5pm the front desk agent could have been more informative about the hotel when we were checking in. I was asking about different ammenaties and she just said "It says all that on your little slip" Being an Assistant General Manager for "Choice Hotels" myself that's not what we are here to say. All other employees were a really nice help, especailly the night audit gentelman he was realy personalbe and we held nice short conversation. After finding all the amenaties myself the hotel turned out to be very nice.... Pool and Jacuuzi are a plus for this location!!! Kids loved it!!! Morning staff helpful in extending checkout... and the lovely housekeeper was very nice!!! We talked for a few while she was going from room to room... Over all this location is doing great!!! (Kids even graded by doing what they saw on "Hotel Impossible") Just inform every guest that's what we are here for!! Merry Christmas and thanks for the wonderful stay. I'm sure we will be staing again!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Beach_Momma2014
Dear Beach Mamma2,
Thank for taking the time to comment about our hotel. I will agree with you on the check-in procedures, we do not train our front desk staff to respond like she did. I apologize on her behalf to you and your family. We have a wonderful hotel with a wonderful staff and like to make sure that every guest feels like they are at home in our hotel. I'm glad that you had a great time with us and hope you will come back soon to Johnstown!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We stayed here last weekend for a hockey tournament. We were the last family on our team to arrive. When we walked into the lobby and the guy behind the desk (Chris Getz) says "Hi, you're here for the tournament, right?". My four kids were checking out the lobby and pool and Chris offered them donuts and hot chocolate from the complimentary bar, so they were thrilled! I had to come back to ask about restaurants and extra shampoo and he was always smiling and gracious (which usually isn't the case nowadays!) He was such a nice guy!!! The next morning, Mandy was very helpful as well. I gave it four stars because the bathrooms are tiny in these rooms. But for the money, this place was great. It was clean and the beds were comfortable. I will definitely stay here for our next tournament and recommend it for anybody who stays in Johnstown. A fun stay!

Room Tip: Go for a suite for the extra elbow room because the rooms are small.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Laura H
Dear Laura H,
Thank you for all of the kinds words. I will agree with you that both Mandy and Chris are wonder employees! The employees make our hotel what it is. Everyone from the front desk to the housekeepers. Thanks again for taking the time to fill out the survey and noting the wonderful staff! We hope to see you again soon!

Dover, Delaware
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The hotel was very welcoming and we had a really nice room, super clean. We had a really quiet, restful night. There were donuts and cookies 24/7 in the lobby with coffee/tea available. It was a good location with restaurants within walking distance. The bar area, which doubles in the am as the breakfast room, was cozy. You had to go to the front desk when you wanted a drink because her job doubles as front desk/barmaid. It wasn't an inconvenience and she was a very happy girl and did her job(s) very professionally. The breakfast was hot with a lot of choices and delicious. I recommend this hotel if you are in the area, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Catherine H
Kathy M, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Catherine H,
Thank you for the wonderful comments. We appreciate the time you took to fill out the survey. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Thanks again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnstown
Sleep Inn
Ramada Ligonier
Ramada Ligonier
#1 of 1 in Ligonier
Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!