“Good mid-range hotel”

Quality Inn and Suites
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Johnstown
Reviewed July 27, 2012

The king size bed was very, very comfortable, the breakfast was tasty and generous with plenty of variety and it had an indoor pool and workout room. The staff was very helpful and friendly and I would stay there again.
But in my opinion, it does need some tender loving care and a deep cleaning. The daily cleaning was good but it needs a good spring cleaning. This hotel is at a point where they need to put a little money and time into it - I hope they do because I would like to stay here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank J S
Kathy M, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

We enjoyed having you stay with! Thanks for taking a few minutes to let us know how your stay was. It is in the works to start renovations on the guests rooms the end of August. So the next time you come back to the Comfort inn & Suites we hope to have a new look!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Room was comfortable and clean, hotel was convenient for activities we had planned in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank betsywuebker

Thank you for taking the time to comment on hotel. We strive to make each guest feel at home while staying with us.We hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I was in town for the "Thunder in the Valley" motorcycle event. Fun was had by all, and a very nice place to stay as well.
The jacuzzi tub was great after a long day of motorcycle riding.The suite I had was very large,with sitting area/fold out sofa bed. King size bed that was very comfortable,and full shower. 37" flat screen in the room,plus a smaller tv in the tub area,if you're into hanging out in the tub that long. It's a nice perk,
The free breakfast was the traditional fare,coffee,rolls,cereal,etc...the staff was very helpful and check in/out was a breeze.The room was clean and no discernable smells of any kind.

Room Tip: Get the hot tub Suite
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jeff1135
Reviewed March 3, 2012

This hotel was gross. The floors were sticky in the bathroom and on the carpet. You can hear everything through the doors and walls. I understand you are staying in a hotel next to other people but it was so loud!!

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Rmh0115
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I'm not sure how old this hotel is but if it's any indication, they still had ashtrays still built into the walls. It's clear that they converted the smoking rooms to non smoking rooms without doing any updating or cleaning house. I stayed on the top floor and the stale cigarette smoke was horrible. I am very sensitive to it and my nose burned the entire time I was there, I would have asked to move to another floor but the entire hotel smelled of old cigarette smoke. I had wash my clothes out as soon as I got home because they smelled of smoke. And I had to air out my coat in the garage for 2 days to get the smell out of it. For $109 a night, they should be able to do some much needed renovations for goodness sake.
On another note, my stay coincided with some traveling kids Lacross teams. The kids had their goaly set up at each end of the hall and ran up and down the halls. This went on until about 11PM. I called the front desk to complain and the girl told me that she was well aware of the issue and has talked to the kids and their parents but they did not care & continued to play. She told me that she did not have security on staff and it was just her at the front desk so there wasn't much she could do. I asked her if it was just my floor or all of them. She indicated it was all of them. I told her that it clearly sounded as if her hotel was out of control and I suggested she call the police. She told me that she was already thinking of doing that. Not sure she ever did but by around 12:30AM they finally stopped. Seems to me you'd have security on staff every night. Needless to say, I won't be staying at this hotel ever again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank WorldTravelers00
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Decided to stay in town for Valentines day, but wanted to have a night out from the house. Booked the hot tub suite and so glad I did. Wife and I enjoyed the room, it was big too. Besides the nice hot tub, it had a really nice sized shower, with a great shower head. A sink on each side of the hot tub...and mirrors on the ceilings ;). The room was clean and gave us the feeling of being alone like no one else was around, and the Comfort Inn was packed with people. Highly recommended booking a room like this at the Comfort Inn, you'll both be glad you did.

Room Tip: If it says "Comfort Inn" its good.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dave B
Reviewed February 13, 2012

It is an older hotel, but our room was clean and well maintained. There's free breakfast which is your typical hotel breakfast - nothing too fabulous but you won't go hungry. The staff was very friendly. They do have a bar but it's not open late, it must close by 9pm.

Overall for the price it's a nice place with clean rooms and a friendly staff.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank M_Boyd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnstown
Hampton Inn Johnstown
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Ebensburg
Holiday Inn Express Somerset
Holiday Inn Express & Suites

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!