Quality Inn and Suites
Hotels.com
$70
Priceline
$59
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscollege kidspool areathe bed was extremely comfortablesuper niceshopping and restaurantscontinental breakfastwithin walking distancesparkling cleanper daybusiness tripdeskpillowsplugshighwayfuneralconvention
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I used Trip Advisor all the time, but rarey get time to return the favor of giving reviews. Today I'm taking the time to do that. I stayed here while visiting my son in college, but I won't be staying here again. I asked for a specific room type (2 beds - non-smoking), but when I walked in - it smelled very smokey. I went down to the desk and asked for another room, and that room smelled very musty and damp. I went down again and was told they didn't have any other rooms with 2 beds. The lady at the desk was nice, but you could tell she had had enough of me. I'm really not a picky person, but I do care what I'm breathing in. So they gave me a room with a king bed which wasn't what I wanted because my son wanted to stay with me and get out of the dorm for the night, but it didn't seem like there was much she could do about it. No offer to discount the room or anything of that sort either, which would have left a little better feeling in my mind. This 3rd room was what I would call basic and showing its age (discolored grout)....in the 3 rooms I saw, it seemed to be the standard of this hotel. On my next visit to Johnstown, I stayed at the Hampton Inn and that was MUCH cleaner and nicer - so I won't be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2011

This hotel is very close to the highway, and closer still to Bestbuy and Wallmart. From a restaurant point of view, you have Hoss next door, if you like this type of food, which I don't. Ofcourse the usual chinese and MacD's are always to be found.

Within the hotel, they have a 'happy hour' on Wednesdays, with some freebie snacks to eat, which is enjoyable and appreciated, as the drinks are very cheap then.

They also have a nice swim pool and whirlpool, great for kids. As for the rooms, we had two, the one on the fourth floor was above the smoking floor on third, and sadly, you could smell it any time you enter the room. As a non smoker, one should consider this this factor when registering. Bathrooms were good sized, bed linen was always clean, but could be upgraded as they were starting to 'yellow'. Staff were always very friendsly, especially Tony, always had a smile on his face, and nothing was too muich for him. Loads of parking spaces.

Sadly the breakfast counter, ands thats what they have, is boring, with the usual bought in donuts and cookies, etc. Nothing of quality here bar a few fresh fruit items.

On the whole a value for money hotel for any family, just no restaurant of quality nearby.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BHEBfoodie
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We were on a whirlwind trip that included the Johnstown Flood museum. We found the hotel to be very clean and reasonably priced. Need to drive downtown but placed in a good place for shopping. Hoss's next door gives a preferred dinner rate for patrons. Front staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms clean and good sized. Very enjoyable stay and breakfast was filling. Our rating is for the service and room quality.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Lanceoak
Reviewed June 29, 2011

So, going to Johnstown, PA on a Wednesday night? Stay at the Comfort Inn and Suites on Theater Dr. From 6pm to 7pm on Wednesday nights, they have free food. For me, it was enough for dinner. Saved me the money from going out to eat. okay, so it was chili dogs and macaroni salad. I ate a lot to fill up. BUT FREE! Sweet! Besides all that, nice property, nice staff, inviting pool. Oh, and free cookies. :-)

Room Tip: Try to stay on the upper floors, facing west.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2010

My grandchildren and I wanted to "get away" and stay at a "Fancy Hotel" . They are 12, 8 and 7. We arrived and received a nice welcome. Our room was wonderful... the view was absolutely amazing.. looking over the Conemaugh Gap at sun down with the pretty moon.. The kids took pictures... They swam, we went over to Hoss's, only a walk away, then we came back and swam some more. The pool and whirlpool were very nice and clean.. lots of soft towels for drying off too. They liked the flat screen TV in our room and the kids fell asleep from all the exercise... We woke up at 8, went to the nice free breakfast. I made them all a waffle.. they ate fruit and donuts..then we swam some more.. I'm a Choice Privledges member, so I ask for an extra hour to check out and they said OK so we could leave at 12 instead of 11. They showered and cleaned up and we went back home. It was a great time.. We will go back again...

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family