“Great Place to Stay”

Quality Inn and Suites
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Johnstown
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We were on a whirlwind trip that included the Johnstown Flood museum. We found the hotel to be very clean and reasonably priced. Need to drive downtown but placed in a good place for shopping. Hoss's next door gives a preferred dinner rate for patrons. Front staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms clean and good sized. Very enjoyable stay and breakfast was filling. Our rating is for the service and room quality.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Lanceoak

Reviewed June 29, 2011

So, going to Johnstown, PA on a Wednesday night? Stay at the Comfort Inn and Suites on Theater Dr. From 6pm to 7pm on Wednesday nights, they have free food. For me, it was enough for dinner. Saved me the money from going out to eat. okay, so it was chili dogs and macaroni salad. I ate a lot to fill up. BUT FREE! Sweet! Besides all that, nice property, nice staff, inviting pool. Oh, and free cookies. :-)

Room Tip: Try to stay on the upper floors, facing west.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2010

My grandchildren and I wanted to "get away" and stay at a "Fancy Hotel" . They are 12, 8 and 7. We arrived and received a nice welcome. Our room was wonderful... the view was absolutely amazing.. looking over the Conemaugh Gap at sun down with the pretty moon.. The kids took pictures... They swam, we went over to Hoss's, only a walk away, then we came back and swam some more. The pool and whirlpool were very nice and clean.. lots of soft towels for drying off too. They liked the flat screen TV in our room and the kids fell asleep from all the exercise... We woke up at 8, went to the nice free breakfast. I made them all a waffle.. they ate fruit and donuts..then we swam some more.. I'm a Choice Privledges member, so I ask for an extra hour to check out and they said OK so we could leave at 12 instead of 11. They showered and cleaned up and we went back home. It was a great time.. We will go back again...

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2010

Flat Screen Tv, Microwave, Fridge, plenty of outlets, decent HVAC, decent bathroom. Enough space! Nice hotel, except the internet is pretty slow and needs a crazy long password!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2010

Spent an unexpected evening at the Comfort Inn due to the weather. I had stayed at this C.I. probably 10-12 times back about 6 years ago while working in the area. I must say that it is now nicer than I remembered. I had a buisness type room, 1 king bed, desk, and comfy chair and an ottoman. The room was very clean, very quiet, and best of all... new window units! The hotel is close to shopping and restaurants and away from town but not far at all. The breakfast is better than a continental breakfast but still marginal. The morning that I was there they had some institutional eggs and sausage along with the typical bagels ect. Overall I would recommend it and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2009

I have three issues with this hotel. First beware of the safe fee. They automatically add $1.50 to your bill. Second, the walls are very thin. There was a party next door to us. My wife was awake until after midnight. Third, the breakfast area was very small. You will bump into other people getting your breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
ComfortSleepInn, manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2010

Our safe fee is automatically added, but there is a sign on our front desk and there is a place on the registrations form that lets you know that if you don't want it we will be happy to take it off for you, with no problems, and we ask that you initial that area. Even if you leave the hotel and discover it is charged to you, you can call the hotel and we can take it off for you.

Reviewed March 25, 2009

We stay in this hotel every time we go to Johnstown to see my extended family. The breakfast IS good and the pool/hot tub is great. There are several types of suites. We stay in the "executive" suite because it has 2 separate rooms: living room/dining area and a bedroom. The kids sleep on the fold out bed/couch in the living room. The price is a little high compared to the rest of the Johnstown hotels, but the location is great. It's right off the highway. Breakfast is good. There's a mall across the street with Starbuck's and Denny's. There is only one other hotel in Johnstown that has an indoor pool and its downtown. Also, the view from the rooms on the south side of the hotel is amazing. The fitness center is adequate.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnstown
Holiday Inn Johnstown Downtown
#1 of 1 in Ligonier
Quality Inn Bedford
Quality Inn Bedford
#2 of 10 in Bedford

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!