WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #5 of 171 Restaurants in Johnstown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Great food, caters to loyal locals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I eat here when I'm in town on business, usually with at least one local. The food is great, the atmosphere is cozy and grown up with a little whimsy. Find a local who is known to the staff, and bring them along. An otherwise cool/professional interaction becomes intimate and inventive. Ask for recommendations and try them!!! Worlds best mushroom soup.

• Visited March 2013

Somerset, Pennsylvania
“21st Bday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

We took our daughter here for her 21st birthday. The wait staff is well trained. I love when the owner stops by your table and really wants to hear how you enjoed your meal.

Visited July 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A DISCOVERED HIDE AWAY...Good/pricey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

After hearing a lot of good things about the food here, I decided to try it and see for myself. A bit pricier compared to other restaurants in the area, but the food WAS really tasty. I ordered salmon and my daughter got chicken salad. She said it was the best one she ever ate! But, I must say that we went in hungry and came out still hungry. The portions were quite small, and for the total price just under $50, we were a bit disappointed. I WILL return, but next time I'll get something different and try a mixed drink, as they seemed to have many varieties.

2 Thank mjmami137
Portage, PA USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is the best restaurant in this area..... by far!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

I love this place. Eat here every chance I can. Always enjoy the food and the experience. The very few negative reviews here leave me gob smacked! Bon appetite! Good time with great food. Doesn't get much better.

Somerset, Pennsylvania
“Food good, but they fail at the service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I've been to the Back Door on three occasions with my friends. Each time, we were pleased with the quality of the food ,but the service is the reason we will never go back. I get that they are aiming for a fine dining experience, however they are a far cry from delivering that type of service. Specifically, the wait staff is not overly friendly. They come off with a stuffy presentation. We had to request dessert and coffee with two of our visits. How do you not offer dessert? No refills offered on the coffee or water, but plenty of refills offered on our specialty drinks. They were unable to accommodate a cash and credit card payment and bulked "behind the scene" about splitting our check. At least complain about the customers out of ear shot. We then had to prove that we were given the wrong change. Waiter and hostess(owner?) talking in a condescending tone towards us about the check. When they realized that we were short changed by $10 there was no apology or acknowledgment of error other than a $10 bill being laid on the table as they walked away. Overall, VERY disappointed with customer service. So many little things added up to a very frustrating evening.

• Visited February 2013