“Always Tasty”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“Always Tasty”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

If you go during lunch or dinner, expect about a 30-45 minute wait. But food is always good and it's a good value. The $20 dinner for 2 is a great deal and always good.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jessica D

Lakeland, FL
“Cookie Cutter Dining - ALMOST”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

As with most Casual Dining restaurants, Applebee's is, for the most part, scripted dining.
If you've eaten in one - you've eaten in them all.
Or at least that's the way it's SUPPOSED to be.
And this location didn't disappoint - the French Onion Soup came out looking NOTHING like the menu picture - just as with SO many other Applebee's.
It arrived with the bowl 3/4 filled, and a HUGE glob of cheese at the bottom, UNDER the broth - just as with SO many other Applebee's.
The replacement conformed to my mandate that it look like the menu photo - the way it's SUPPOSED to look.
The rest of the meal was EXACTLY the way every other Applebee's serves it.

Our server, BTW, will never have to worry about being nicknamed Speedy.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank rkhawg
“Food has changed beware”
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Since moving I have not been to an applebees in years. I adored this place but after eating here the last time I felt so sad my favoite place sucked. The food was cheap tasting. My favoite was the artichoke dip.....but this time I couldn't find a piece of artichoke
It tasted frozen and gross. Sad to see it go down hill. It's over priced for what you get.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank vaccumqueen
pennsylvania
“Great Happy hour”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

One of my favorite happy hours in Johnstown...very busy on weekends and special events so plan on a wait. The regular menu is also very good My husband and I have never been disappointed!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank mkmc
Wayne, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wouldn't feed the food to my dog.”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This place has the worst food. TV dinners without the metal tray. I literally would not feed my dog their food.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Jeff L

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!