“Awesome food combinations!”

Ranked #7 of 175 Restaurants in Johnstown
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Nestled in the heart of downtown Johnstown is PRESS bistro. Enjoy a coffee, some breakfast, or the best meal in town while you enjoy the scenic and historic Central Park.
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I tried The Granny today and lived it! Chicken, cheddar cheese, granny Smith Apple's and honey mustard- who would have thought this would be so yummy!?

There are newer reviews for Press Bistro

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Rarely does a sandwich lead me to the use of profanity, but one did yesterday. The "original" pastrami sandwich that I had for lunch was, hands down, the best *%#$!*@# pastrami sandwhich I'vever had and the credit for it goes to Jeremy (owner /pastrami maker). The pastrami was perfect. Not too salty, the perfect amount of lean and the thinkness of the slices was *%#$!*@# spot-on. Not too thick, so the it makes for a messy bite, and not to thin so you don't get the mouth feel of a perfectly brined and spiced piece of meat. Well*%#$!*@# done. On the way out of the eatery, I ran into an friend of mine that was also enjoying a pastrami sandwhich and he had the exact same observation.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

My foodie husband from Boulder and I took friends to lunch at Press Bistro this week to reciprocate for their hospitality in Indian Lake. SHE is a gourmet cook and HE is a fussy fussy fussy eater. Hmmmm ...

No problem! He "custom-ordered" his sandwich from the patient and cheerful staff member and was very pleased. My husband and I ordered the cream of artichoke soup, which was delicious, both creamy and tangy. His Caprese sandwich was excellent, he said, with thick slices of actual ripe tomatoes, and my friend and I enjoyed our sandwiches, as well. It was Halloween, so we didn't order dessert (too much tempting candy around!) The kettle chips were dark and crisp and seasoned with salt and pepper -- a treat I rarely eat (too many calories), but after I tasted one, I said "what the heck" and ate them all!!

We live in Somerset County, almost half an hour away, but Press has definitely been added to the very slim list of restaurants where my husband will even eat. My friend's thank you note said they'd love to go there again, too. I remember the old time Johnstown when Glosser's cafeteria was my grandmother's favorite place for lunch when we'd come shopping. Johnstown, you've come long way, baby.

1  Thank LindaDeLia
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have had reason to be in Johnstown 3 times now; unfortunately, Press was not there the first two visits, which made eating in center city Johnstown rather bleak. My sister and I both got salads, which we thoroughly enjoyed. For us, the great treat was that they have a small bar area with several craft beers where you can eat your food. (Something you can not do at a Panera's.) The service was quite friendly.

1  Thank lindaannie2
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Ate lunch here .... a nice bright change for downtown. It was really busy when we were there. Great choices. Staff is super accommodating with constant busing of tables. Crowds move quickly. Fresh and fast. Clean eating area and free wi fii. Sandwiches are ample and the cheese cake is to die for. Johnstown needs to give this place a chance. There is a real need for a nice reasonable place to have lunch or a good coffee and sweet treat downtown. We will definitely go back. There are so many choices left!!!!

Been to Press Bistro? Share your experiences!