“Best New Restaurant”

RJ's Cafe & Lounge
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I've been moaning about the lack of affordable, inventive food choices in Johnstown for, well, forever. Since I found out about RJ's in mid-August, I've had five meals there and have never been disappointed! The fine-dining level of the food, from the lamb to the seafood to the 'pork rib-eye' is consistently terrific, and the prices make return visits a no-brainer. The staff is friendly and I've encountered the owners on every visit.

1  Thank linniefr

Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I have eaten here several times. All were very good meals. With the town having little to offer as a good dining experience, RJ's makes a wonderful contribution to the progress of better dining in Johnstown. The service was super. Our waitress was very accommodating and welcoming. We usually have the chef's signature chicken dish.... which we highly recommend. Nothing like it anywhere. The table linens were immaculate and the overall restaurant and bathrooms are very clean. The entrance through the front door bar area to get to the back of the restaurant can be a little bit of a downer ..a local bar crowd..... but don't be put off....it is well worth it. The restaurant has been remodeled from the old Johnnies and is really very well done. You won't be sorry for having lunch or dinner. Great lunch menu and everything is priced very reasonably. Hang on to your chef Mr. H.... she really makes all the difference. The community should try to make this place a success.... great freshly made food... nice environment and reasonably priced. Make the effort to go to RJ's. You will really enjoy it.

2  Thank happytraveler8147
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Ate here twice. First time romantic dinner, the atmosphere was beautiful & service was good, but the food was over priced & both meals tasted cheaply made. Second time went for an after work meal with the girls. Service horrible. Asked several times tojust get a glass of of water. Got a burger that looked amazing, but it was cold. Both times the food was just tasteless. Doubt I will ever be back.

3  Thank j t
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Had dinner with friends the other night and had the stuffed shrimp dinner and it was so good. The shrimp was stuffed with crab meat and it was amazing!! We had a great - the service is great - very friendly. The décor is warm and inviting. Great place for dinner or lunch!

1  Thank njcompton59
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We went to RJ's to check out where my uncle had planned our family dinner. The atmosphere was warm and inviting and comfortable. The tin ceilings were stunning. We met the owners who walked throughout the bar and restaurant making sure everyone had what they needed. We met the staff and everyone was friendly. We came back a second night for supper and I had a pork filet with maple sauce that was unbelievable! The portions were great and the service was spectacular! The waitress even knew me by name. We enjoyed it so much we came back a third night to enjoy the bar and the music. Thank you Tammy and Ron for a wonderful experience. It helped our family through a sad time. P.S. The bartender Joey was great! My glass was always full!