“High-quality food in Johnstown”
Review of Surf & Turf

Surf & Turf
Ranked #11 of 176 Restaurants in Johnstown
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Dated decor, but well kept and clean...A bit too dark for my taste, but the service and food is quite good. Clean linen table cloths and napkins, fresh flowers everywhere and oil lamps burning at every table. It's pricey, but you get it back in quality. Generous portions, and a very nice, fresh salad bar. Known for its seafood and steaks but I chose the eggplant parmesan which was excellent, but the portion was enough for a whole family! I took half of it home and enjoyed it later.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

My high school friends and I (from 50 years ago) enjoy getting together for dinner here. We've eaten here perhaps 3 or 4 times in the past four years, and the food is consistently good, especially the crabcakes and prime rib. Service is also good. Plenty of food for a very reasonable price.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Yes, the decor is dated, but given the limited options for good food in Johnstown, Surf & Turf is one of the best. Nice to hear some good reviews of the seafood, but I wouldn't consider ordering that in this location. The steaks and prime rib, however, are definitely good quality and flavourful. The salad bar is fresh and diverse; soups are good also. Given the limited choices for upscale dining, Surf n Turf is a very good choice.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Surf & Turf inn is by far the best restaurant for your money , the seafood is as good if not better then the lobster house cape may, Nj .. The Prime rib is the biggest and best I've had . I have only heard good things about the restaurant from others and enjoy it every time I'm in town

1  Thank Matthew F
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We recently decided to take family from out of town to dinner at Surf and Turf. Even knowing that it's decor ,from the captains chairs to the salad bar ,is sadly dated. We thought we would give it another try.
My husband ordered the swordfish that was on as a special. Of course they had just ran out of it 5 minutes before. So,he ended up with a piece of haddock. My daughter-in-law and I both ordered the Shrimp Scampi with a side of green beans. The scampi was nothing more than 5 breaded shrimp and the green beans were from a can. Canned beans. At what's supposed to be a "fine" dining establishment.
I will say on their behalf, that when my daughter-in-law complained about her food,the server was very apologetic and removed her meal from the bill.
Another place that we can take off the list.

2  Thank Karen C

Been to Surf & Turf? Share your experiences!