“Good salad, soup,and dessert bar.”

Hoss's Steak & Sea House
Ranked #22 of 172 Restaurants in Johnstown
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Description: Hoss’s Steak and Sea House is a family restaurant featuring fresh-cut steaks, seafood, and tender chicken entree. All cooked to order! Enjoy our fresh and wholesome Soup & Salad Bar with homemade soups, just-baked breads, fresh fruits, delicious desserts, and soft-serve ice cream. We feature a fun menu for kids and offer family-style banquets in our comfortable banquet rooms.
Holly Springs, North Carolina
“Good salad, soup,and dessert bar.”
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I have never eaten at a Hoss' so I was in for an experience. Like other reviewers said, the ambiance is a mix of fast food and sit down. I thought Sizzler and Western Steer were out of business but nope...Hoss' has taking their experience.

The salad bar was good and looked fresh. The offerings were basic however. There weren't any proteins (chicken?) except egg yolks. Good pasta offerings and veggies. The salad dressing was not labeled so a person did not know which was which.

The soup offerings were good but the highlight was the dessert bar. I resolved to eat very little but it was very hard.

All in all the business model is bizarre for this restaurant. I guess they sell a ton of salads but the service is much different than even Denny's.

I will go back for the salad and maybe a dessert!

• Visited May 2013
Missy H, Social Media Director at Hoss's Steak & Sea House, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Johnstown location. We stive to provide great food and service at a reasonable price to all our guests and our salad bar is the centerpiece of this. Your feedback and patronage is appreciated and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Lancaster, New York
“Early Dinner”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

As always service with a smile, and I would recommend coconut shrimp, and salad bar. Great value, service and food

Visited May 2013
Missy H, Social Media Director at Hoss's Steak & Sea House, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank your for taking the time to write a review for our Johnstown location. We appreciate your positive feedback and will be sure to share it with our crew.
Indian Trail, NC
“Not bad”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have been going here since the 80s with my parents. I no longer live in Johnstown but when I come home for the holidays I like to stop here. The salad bar is fairly large which is usually what I get, they have a large verity of items on the bar, I enjoy the garlic bread. There is also a good selection of desserts. The meals are average however I remembered the place having better food it seems to me the quality has gone down hill some. But all in all the price is fair.

• Visited December 2012
Bradenton, Florida
“Great Food”
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Always a great meal. We always stop here when back in town. Great salad bar with excellent soups. Steaks are great as well, but I usually go with the burger. Tasty ice cream as well.

1 Thank kenimler
Pa.
“Not really different.”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Average salad bar. Something looked like they had been there for some time. Everything is made for a crowd to swoop through. If someone wants real attention or excellent food spend more money and go to a higher class. This is better suited for big family with smaller wallets. Food is average but good. Lots of starch, filling items.

Visited November 2012