“Go for the sushi!”

Nyko's Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 172 Restaurants in Johnstown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Actually the restaurant has American, Korean, Italian & Greek food. Also sushi. Interesting menu. Worth including on Trip Advisor. Tables cloths and cloth napkins!
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“Go for the sushi!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Go for the sushi! You won't be disappointed! As far as the other items on the menu... friends like the chicken parmesan. I had the chicken carbonara and I could hear Chef Ramsey in my head! It tasted and looked like it came from the freezer to the microwave... Stick with the sushi if you like that sort of thing. It's good! Just don't expect an updated wine list.

• Visited February 2014

Pennsylvania, USA
“Our regular spot”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Always fresh fish and sushi is excellent. Weekends usually provide local performers for entertainment. Nice place to socialize with friends.

Visited February 2014
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Good for large groups ”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

This was a great place for our party of 8. The service was very good and we did not feel cramped. There was not any vegetarian main dish options but our waitress asked the chef to prepare a dish. The chef came out to ask us what we liked to eat and made a dish which was great service and appreciated.

Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“Not bad for Johnstown sushi”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I'm from southern California and this is where I come if I'm absolutely desperate for a sushi fix. It's the only thing that can even remotely compare to what I'm used to. If this was in CA I'd never eat here, but because I have no choice it gets a B rating for me. It's very odd that they serve sushi and Italian food…jack of all trades and master of none in my opinion. The "stuck in the 70s" decor makes it seem dirty and old/shabby -- icky! Green carpet if you get my drift.

Good for after work drinks or a date night. Pricey.

My husband ordered an expensive sushi…the waitress misheard him and doubled the order and overcharged us without so much as a "sorry". Very annoying -- if they cared about customer retention they would have eaten the cost of their mistake. Enough to make me not come back here.

• Visited August 2013
Albuquerque
“Really Good Seafood in Johnstown”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

There are not a lot of choices for dining out in this small town and we were pleasantly surprised at how good the meal was at Nyko's. We took friends and family and all were pleased. I had the Seafood Newburg and my husband had the sea scallops. They were both done to perfection and nicely presented. You couldn't ask for friendlier, accommodating wait staff. Although the building interior is old Italian family dining esque, that didn't deter from our enjoyment of the meal. Wine selection was limited.

• Visited November 2013