“This is a must to do!”

Johnstown Inclined Plane
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Johnstown
More attraction details
Owner description: Built to remove citizens from Johnstown in case of a flood, this is the world's steepest vehicular inclined plane.
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have always loved the incline plane. It's still great. I could stand out on the observation deck and watch them come and go all day! I love that they have a restaurant at the top with great views overlooking Johnstown. When I was a kid there was only the gift shop. It's pretty cheap to ride. A car (with driver) is $6. If there are more than one person in the car it's $2.25 a person. One way. I went with my mom and uncle, we took pics of the cars coming and going, then had a drink at the bar at the restaurant before riding it down the mountain. It was great as always!

There are newer reviews for Johnstown Inclined Plane

Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We took our nieces and nephews on this and they loved it, and you have a great view of the city! Reasonably priced too!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

There's lots of history in this small area and this attraction gives you a full appreciation for what happened. The ride is also still functional today and the view was the city from above is great. We enjoyed a nice dinner while absorbing history.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

OK, they probably charge too much for such a fleeting experience, but where else can you have wooden chocks placed under the wheels of your car before the cantilever system takes you and your car swiftly to the top of the hill? It is the steepest incline in the world, and the feeling is very cool as you ride up, very cool indeed.

Many years ago, when I was a kid, my brother, alcoholic grandfather, and I urinated over the hill from an inclined plane car in motion. At night. Now that was an experience with a capital "E." :)

1  Thank CAF1129
Reviewed August 15, 2013

After you visit national park and Johnstown flood museum, take a rid e on the Incline Plane to see the valleyt from the top of the hill. Imagin a wall of water rushing down the valley in 1889, or lesser floods more recently, even in 1976!

1  Thank Mark V