“Never again”

Econo Lodge Johnstown
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Johnstown
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I know that hotels jack up the price when there is a main event in the city but this was way over the top. Very small rooms. No hot water the first morning, The beds were very uncomfortable and small. Housekeeping staff was friendly and helpful. It was very loud all night long, I could hear the conversations in the next room among other things. Breakfast was fair at best. It was very warm and the air did work well.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I guess you get what you pay for. Fluorescent lit halls, non-existant sound insulation, drunk yelling in the hallways until 2 AM. Bed quality acceptable, room reasonably clean. "Continental breakfast" was a joke.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Christopher V
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We really don't expect much from this hotel - which is just what we got. The bed was dished in the middle & the sheets were limp at best. The room was very small but clean. There is no place within walking distance to eat. The breakfast was cold cereal or white bread toasted, no fruit or yogart & machine coffee. It was a cheap place to spend the night. The staff was just about as dull as the facility.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is the first time in my life that parking has ever been a major problem at a motel - ever. There are simply not enough spaces for the rooms they have, so Every morning when I get in from work, I have to park in the neighboring business's lot, and hope my car does not get towed away.
The room it's self is average, nothing special about it. Price is $275 a week, which is below average for a "name brand" motel.
Room service is non-existent ( I work night shift ).
Save your receipts - twice they booked me as staying a day, when I payed for the week.
The "continental" breakfast consists of stale bagels, and coffee.
If you have an expensive car ( or have expensive things in your car ), what ever you do, do not stay here. There have been problems of cars being broken into.

As far as good things to say about this place - It's the closest motel I could find to the job, that was not full. There is a Sheetz right next door.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My son had to have surgery at Lee Hospital earily so I book this hotel to save the earily morning comute due to the weather. When we arrived it was 7:30 pm and there was no spaces in the lot to park. Had to drive around the lot sever times along with 3 other cars waiting for someone to leave, It was like playing the game duck duck goose. Was place on the 3rd floor when there were several college kid who I guess never stayed in a hotel and thought it was cool to run up and down the hall until someone told them about it around 11:30. I was impressed that the gentalmen I spoke to when booking the room remembered my name when I check in,
The beds was like sleeping on the FLOOR. Actually I think that the floor would have been softer. I had to keep rolling because my shoulder and hips were getting sore from the bed being so hard. Some people like that, but not me.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and i have stayed at this hotel three times before. Although the room and bathroom were clean, there were many short comings. First, the bed was as soft as jello with a dent in the middle. We had to sleep on the edge so as to not get sucked into the middle. Second, the bed was short sheeted - they placed full size sheets (marked with a 'F') on a queen size bed. This made for a chilly night as the covers did not completely cover two adults! Third, the TV channels were not as advertised and the listing was not up to date. Fourth, and very important to the modern day traveler, the "high speed internet" that was advertised was no where to be found. Luckly our room was close enough for me to use the signal from the Sheetz next door. We will be looking for a new place when we return to Johnstown.

Room Tip: Don't sleep here!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My daughter and I visited Johnstown last year over the holidays and decided to stay there for two nights-we were visiting family and just needed a bed at night . The room was your basic, lower cost hotel room-clean but nothing out of the ordinary-which was all we needed.
The owner was nice, but he needs to be more selective in who he rent rooms to. In the middle of the night we were awakened to doors slamming (and I mean slamming), people running up and down the hallways, and LOUD talking in the hall & next door, which went on all night. This writer finally called the front desk to complain. The staff did go up and speak with the rude guests, but it continued nonetheless. The next morning we checked out (a day early). The exhasperated clerk explained that the owner had booked a rock band into the room adjoining ours! She said that they were sitting out on the ledge of their 2nd floor window, and she had treatened to call the police on them. From her comments, it appeared that this was not the first time that the owner has offered rooms to those with questionable behaviors, without any thought to the havoc they would create for other guests. .

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank AnnR327
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnstown
Holiday Inn Johnstown Downtown
#1 of 2 in Ebensburg
Super 8 Johnstown
Super 8 Johnstown
#7 of 7 in Johnstown

Been to Econo Lodge Johnstown? Share your experiences!