“Christmas Buffet has no entrees for vegetarians”

Harrigan's Cafe & Wine Deck
Reserve with OpenTable
Harrigan's Cafe & Wine Deck is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 172 Restaurants in Johnstown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Vine Street
Transit: Hotel parking garage with elevator, optional stairs, well lighted. Surface level parking lot also available.
Description: Harrigan's Cafe & Wine Deck is a Mediterranean restaurant specializing in foods from Italy, France, Spain and other parts of the Mediterranean basin. This cooking style uses healthy ingredients like olive oil, garlic, tomatoes, and fresh herbs.
BurghGirl71
“Christmas Buffet has no entrees for vegetarians”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

My family and the in-laws have attended the Christmas Day buffet for several years. This year, while the overall quality was much better than the past, albeit with fewer starters and side dishes, and surprisingly fewer veggies, it left a bit to be desired in variety. It was heavy on proteins, with only green beans as a stand-alone vegetable. Aside from those, salad greens, potatoes dauphinois, and fresh fruit there was nothing at all for vegetarians. There was plenty of cold seafood selections, a supposed lobster bisque and a beef soup of some kind, but no veggie-based soup. There was turkey, beef, ham, fish but no meatless entrees. All the other vegetable offerings were cooked WITH the meats, rendering them a no-go for vegetarians. This was a disappointment for the $30+ price. It's the 21st century after all. This would be SO much better with a slight vegetarian tweak next year. Not sure that we will attend because some younger family members are now vegetarians.

MelissaBird_JSTMK, Manager at Harrigan's Cafe & Wine Deck, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear burghGirl71,

I hope you had a nice holiday! Thank you for visiting our Christmas Buffet at Harrigan's Cafe and Wine Deck and for your review. We do consider the reviews of our guests and act upon suggestions accordingly. We are thankful to hear that you thought the quality was better this year than in the past - we are constantly working to produce the best products possible for our guests. I do apologize for the limited amount of vegetarian options on the buffet, but do hope the vegetarian eaters in your family were able to enjoy the salad, green beans, potatoes dauphinois and fruit. I have passed along your concerns to our restaurant staff - we should have more vegetable options available next year on our buffet, so I do hope you will return with your family and give us another try. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, as we do realize more people are choosing a vegetarian lifestyle. Thank you again for your return visit and review. Hope to see you again! Happy New Year!

Melissa Bird, Sales Manager

Western Pennsylvania
“Ambience, Service”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Johnstown's best setting, a downtown hotel dining room. Attentive,conscientious but casual service. Imaginative menu. Good to very good food. Tried a dozen dishes during a holiday buffet. Favorites: spicy crab and corn soup, dates and goat cheese, lentils and egg plant, salmon with button mushrooms, jumbo cold shrimp. Worst: roasted root vegetables, Good enough: broiled lollypop lamb chops with squash, carved beef, molded pudding with mint.

• Visited December 2012
Ernest58,

I hope you had a wonderful holiday. Thank you for your review of our Christmas Buffet! It is so nice to hear from our guests. Each year, we change the menu to keep things "fresh" so I will certainly pass along your reviews of each dish. We do hope you will stop by again soon! Happy New Year!
“A wonderful place to relax with friends.”
Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Holliday Inn, for a convention last month. This was my first time in johnstown. I have to say that I am a bit surprised by some of the other reviews. I had truly wonderful experiences.

We stayed 3 nights and ate at the restaurant for breakfast and dinner everyday. They had a very nice looking breakfast buffet. I ordered off of the menu for breakfast, due to allergies. The kitchen was very accomodating. The restaurant was literally full, every table was taken for dinner. The staff did a wonderful job keeping up. Everyone was extremely warm and friendly. The food was wonderful, the wine list extensive and the service 5star.

1 Thank shellerenee
Dear shellerenee,

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Downtown Johnstown. We are thrilled you chose our property to stay in while attending your convention. It is always great hearing from our guests. I am delighted to read that you dined in Harrigan's Cafe and Wine Deck and enjoyed your meals - we have some truly delicious food. I know how difficult it can be to dine out with food allergies, so we are glad the kitchen was able to meet your requirements. We do hope when you return to Johnstown, you will chose our property again. We do look forward to seeing you soon!

Regards,
Melissa Bird
Sales Manager
Holly Springs, North Carolina
“Great place to eat in Johnstown”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I went here on a weekday to eat lunch with my boss. It was quite lively with music and different food stations to choose from. The food was very good; one of the best sandwiches around. The service was five star.

This place is used to catering to visitors from other places. I would highly recommend it for impeccable service an fresh food.

cmalloy250, Manager at Harrigan's Cafe & Wine Deck, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Anthony,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your experience at Harrigan's. I am very happy to hear that enjoyed your lunch and the overall service that you received. We have been working very hard at providing the best food and service in the area. It is great to know that our efforts are showing through to our customers. I hope that you and your boss will return again soon. Take care :)
Flemington, New Jersey
“Ugh”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

The restaurant food was greasy, and made my husband and I ill. We ordered takeout from Harrigans, and my husband had to go back three times because of mistakes on the order. THREE TIMES. They didn't include forks, knives or spoons. They forgot the children's milk. They didn't put salad dressing in my husband's salad. They didn't fully remove the shells from my shrimp Caesar salad. Part of it was removed - I never knew what I was going to get when I bit into it. The greens were limp, and not fresh. The noodles on my husband's Asian salad were dripping in grease, and therefore dripping onto his (limp) salad greens.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank NJlovesVA
cmalloy250, Manager at Harrigan's Cafe & Wine Deck, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Sarah,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on your visit at Harrigan's Cafe & Wine Deck. I am very sorry for the quality of service and food that you received. I have forwarded your review onto our General Manager and our Restaurant Manager to share with our Restaurant and Kitchen Staff. I am confident that they will address the issues that you have experienced and make sure that they do not happen again. I hope that you will give us an opportunity to fix these shortcomings and consider visiting us again in the near future.