Heritage House Inn Bed and Breakfast
$105
QualityInn
$70
$59
All reviewsiron horseold houseliving roommy favorite partmade us feel at homebreakfast was deliciouslet them knowrectorypersonality
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This is NOT for those looking for a fancy B&B with 4 poster beds and a parlor full of dustables. But . .do book a room here if you'd like an afternoon high tea meet and great with cold beer or an exceptional breakfast with home baked cassaroles. Staying at the Heritage House Inn fulfills the reason you stay at a B&B rather than a chain motel.

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank Byronethejp
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We held our 2012 American Mantrailing, Police & Work Dog Association Pennsylvania State Workshop in New Stanton, PA. We stayed at the Heritage House Inn Bed & Breakfast. When we planned our trip we discussed just getting a room in New Stanton because of the hour drive each day to the training site. But the Bed & Breakfast had already been mentioned to us. So we drove to Johnstown and what a wonderful experience it was. Dennis and Ginny Fitzpatrick greeted us and made us feel like a part of their family. I stayed in the Iron Horse Room and was very well pleased. Everything was clean and beautifully decorated. The Inn was peaceful and had Hi Speed Internet which allowed me to keep up with my work. The breakfast was great each morning i woke to the smell of breakfast on the table. The next day on the training site several participants complained about the motel in New Stanton that they stayed in.. This made me very glad we chose to stay at the Heritage House Inn Bed & Breakfast... I have stayed in more motels than I want to count over my 23 years of traveling across the country and I will tell you that this is the first time I was ever treated like family... I appreciate everything the Fitzpatrick's done to make our stay absolutely wonderful. Then I find out they have a Bed & breakfast in Titusville Florida called the Casa Coquina Bed & Breakfast. I cant wait until we travel south and I assure you we will book a room with them...... Tony M. Keith - President AMPWDA

Room Tip: Iron Horse Room was amazing
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
8  Thank Tony K
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I am a native of Johnstown, but one who had never had the opportunity to visit the Johnstown Flood Museum, the National Flood Memorial near South Fork, nor the Heritage Museum in Cambria City. My grown daughter and I made this weekend visit (June 1-3) only one day after the 123rd anniversary of the Johnstown Flood. In addition to the three museums, we were also able to attend the Annual Polkafest, which was within walking distance of the Inn, and to ride the Johnstown Inclined Plane, which was celebrating its 121st anniversary on June 2nd. We were impressed with the museums and would have liked to have had at least one more day to explore, but we really maximized the little time we had by having our home base at the Heritage House. Its central location made getting around quite easy and parking was a breeze. Just as important was the charming atmosphere of HH and the friendly hospitality of the innkeepers, Ginny and Dennis, and their friend, Mary Ann, who acted as their stand-in hostess for most of the weekend and is an absolute treasure. She was waiting for our arrival and let us know from the moment we arrived that she was pleased to be of service to us. May Ann provided us with a quick tour complete with bits of history, pleasant conversation, and delicious food, including hors d'oeuvres in the late afternoons and hearty gourmet breakfasts in the mornings, ready when we were. We quickly felt as is she has been a long-time friend.

We stayed in the Chesapeake, an enormous room with a king-sized bed and a lovely day bed in the alcove (not currently shown in the two photos on this site). The room is charming and quite comfortable. We booked it to include a private bath. We felt right at home, and although we did not use the sitting room or game room, we might have done so if we had had more time. There is a grill for guests to use in the fenced-in yard with outdoor seating available. We enjoyed walking a bit in the neighborhood and felt safe, even at night. We have stayed at numerous hotels/motels, but had never experienced a Bed and Breakfast until last weekend. It was a special place to stay for a special weekend return to my roots after four decades. Our experience at Heritage House was an excellent one. We would stay here again if we return in the future. Thank you, Fitzpatricks and Mary Ann. We had a great stay! Lin and Erin

Room Tip: The Garden Room is available on the first floor if climbing stairs is an issue.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Lin M
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Staying at the Heritage House Inn Bed and Breakfast was an absolutely wonderful experience.
I contacted the owner, Ginny Fitzpatrick, with several questions via email. I had a response in no time.

Upon our late arrival, we were greeted by Mary Ann, who was holding down the fort while Ginny had things to tend to out of town. She showed us our room, told us about breakfast, and let us to get settled in. The pullout bed was all set up for our son, so it was no problem getting him to bed. The Iron Horse Room was very nice and clean. The bathroom was also very clean and basic toiletries were provided if needed.

One of the nice things about the house (an old rectory) is how it feels “homey” without feeling like you are an overnight guest in a stranger’s home. You have your own bathroom and the rooms are divided up so it feels a little bit like a hotel. Downstairs there is a living room and a game room for kids/adults to go so as not to have the “cooped up in a room” feeling. There is a big screen TV, couches, a card table, and several games in the game room; the sitting room is quiet and nicely furnished. (A nice place for an adult or avid reader to escape to.)

The gourmet breakfast was delicious! Mary Ann noticed that my son enjoyed the fresh fruit on Friday morning, and made sure there was plenty available on Saturday morning. (Also, they keep delicious cookies out all day long for guests.)

As far as the location, the Heritage House Inn is a PERFECT jump-off spot for getting around Johnstown. It’s close to the Heritage Museum and the children’s museum that has lots of hands-on things for kids to do. It’s also an easy on/easy off from the highway leading to the South Fork Dam, close to the Johnstown Flood Museum, the Incline, and the various other things to do in Johnstown.

We could not have been happier and will definitely stay here again next time we go to Johnstown. Mary Ann was a wonderful hostess, and Ginny was extraordinarily accommodating. We were sorry we didn’t get to meet Ginny, but were very happy to meet Mary Ann. She’s a nice, friendly, funny lady who is very helpful and a Johnstown native.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank christianmp
Reviewed February 27, 2012

So i stayed for my first time in Jan. of this year and was so impressed i returned this previous weekend. Im confused on what Joseph is refering too in his review. i stayed this previous time in the Lodge room which faces the back street. i abosolutly loved it. think they were looking for more of a holiday inn. this place gives you more of the being at home feeling rather than a hotel.

anyways, room was very clean, bathroom was clean. and breakfast was beyond excellent. i had another excellent stay here.

Great that there is a Sheetz station next block down and is blocked by another building. so you cant even see it from here but is easily within walking distance if you need a snack in the middle of the night.

Room Tip: so far i have stayed in the Mill room i believe it was called and the Lodge room. recommend both of them.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank GingerVR6
Ginny F, Owner at Heritage House Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Inn. We really enjoyed having your group again. I know you have been enjoying the ski season here, and we hope to see you back throughout the year.
Dennis, Ginny and David Fitzpatrick, Innkeepers