“Family run by family from Mexico”
Review of Rey-Azteca

Rey-Azteca
Ranked #2 of 174 Restaurants in Johnstown
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Rey Azteca 736 Scalp Ave Johnstown, PA 15904 (814) 266-2294 Open M-F 11:00 Am to 10:00 PM GREAT AUTHENTIC MEXICAN FOOD!!!
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Dined with 2 friends, and we were all happy. I ordered the more typical beans/rice/cheese enchilada/chili relleno; my friends had grilled shrimp with sides. The waiter was knowledgeable and friendly. Food was fast and hot. The frijoles were a bit on the over-pureed side and fairly bland, but ok. My chili relleno was stuffed with mashed potato, which was a new one on me, but quite good. Very reasonable prices.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stopped by here specifically based on the tripadvisor reviews. Yeah it was pretty much like all Mexican restaurants anywhere I have ever been in the states. Chicken this, beef that with lots of cheese, lettuce and white, green or red sauce drizzled on top. It pretty much tastes all the same after a while. It wasn't bad but it wasn't awesome either. Just ok.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Consistently great food at a reasonable price. Service is excellent too. Their salsa is so yummy, great with the chips and on the meal. Highly recommend.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

There is nothing wrong with this establishment but there is nothing special either. Compared with Mexican food in LA, it is clearly Americanized. That said, for 10 bucks, I had a plate full of food with a beer. Service was fast and the chips were warm. The menu had vegetarian options.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We went for lunch the menu is so cheap. Lunch meals only 5 dollars/person, dinner around 7.50/person. We tried tamales, taco, enchilada, burrito. It was all good. Our favorite was the tamales. If we are back in johnstown we will go there again.