“Definitely impressed with food and service”
Review of Rey-Azteca

Rey-Azteca
Ranked #3 of 172 Restaurants in Johnstown
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Rey Azteca 736 Scalp Ave Johnstown, PA 15904 (814) 266-2294 Open M-F 11:00 Am to 10:00 PM GREAT AUTHENTIC MEXICAN FOOD!!!
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Definitely impressed with food and service”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I were in a nearby town on vacation trying to escape the hot July in the Florida Panhandle. We found El Rey-Azteca in Johnstown about 14 miles away. We were missing our favorite Mexican Restaurant back home. Loved that I could review their menu on line and got address for GPS. Expecting a mediocre lunch were we ever surprised. Very modestly priced and Yum .. Todo estuvo muy RICO. We both had #1 on the lunch menu which included stuffed pepper. Now we will be forever comparing our local Mexican restaurant to this one. We may have to come back to PA again just for their food!

• Visited July 2013

Southwestern, PA
“Fast service-good food-right price”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Recommend white cheese with chips. My first Margarita Texana-so good! Always a good meal at a good price!

• Visited July 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Pretty Good Place for Lunch”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The food is quick when you go - great place for lunch. The servers are friendly and the food is pretty tasty. I've heard some sketchy things about bugs being found in the food, which makes me very leary, but I have not had it happen to me so I'll continue to eat there until I find something. Prices are just right, too.

• Visited September 2012
PA
“Bland”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

This place was recommended to me when I visited Johnstown. What a disappointment. No way is this Mexican. Even the guacamole needed salt and the chips were tasteless. Everything seemed bland, as if they tried hard to "Americanize" the food.

Visited June 2013
Maryland,US
“It's where the locals go to have Mexican”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Wife and I avoid the fast food scene and it was Sunday evening driving around Johnstown looking for dinner.

This place was not only open, but the parking lot was 3/4 full. So we knew it had to be good. And it was.

Granted, it was the standard mexican menu, but it was what you hope to get. A well prepared food(on heated plates, sweet), fairly inexpensive, enough that you are taking food home and a nice atmosphere.

What more could you ask for?

Visited April 2013