“Excellent and Affordable Place to Stay!!”
Review of Super 8 Johnstown

Super 8 Johnstown
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Johnstown
Virginia
“Excellent and Affordable Place to Stay!!”
Reviewed October 4, 2009

I never expected to stay at this Super 8 but I had business in the area and used Johnstown as a stopover. I made a few phone calls to hotels in the area and couldn't get anything less than $100!! I finally called the Super 8 and they had very reasonable rates. I am very picky about my hotel rooms so I asked the clerk if I could see a room before I rented it. After hearing about the other prices in town, I told her I just wanted a basic room, nothing fancy. She was extremely friendly and so busy with the phones! But it didn't seem to faze her, she was a great multi-tasker! The room was very nice, had a hair dryer and even an iron and ironing board and even my own coffee maker and fridge and microwave. The room was very clean and even met my exacting standards. I was able to rent the room at a very reasonable rate (nowhere near the $100 at the other nearby hotels!) from the friendly desk clerk. They also have free WiFi, so I could do some work in the comfort of my room. When I asked her about places to eat around the area, she was very knowledgeable and helped me out a lot. My sleep that night was great. The next morning, the breakfast they had was nice with bagels, cereal, oatmeal, doughnuts and apple and orange juice. They had coffee all day long and it was nice to be able to have that whenever I walked into the lobby. I actually had to extend my stay for one more night, but it wasn't an issue at all. The hotel was right next to the mall, so I was able to spend some of my time there (because honestly, there really isn't much to do in Johnstown!) on the second day. I will definitely stay at the Super 8 again next time I am in the area. I found out at checkout that it was also a pet friendly hotel, so I can bring my dog with me! It was such a nice experience with good people there and initially one would think that if the rates are so reasonable, they must cut corners elsewhere, but I did not find that at all.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Johnstown, responded to this review, August 25, 2016
We hope to do business with you again in the future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Downers Grove, Illinois
Reviewed August 10, 2009

I can't really review this motel because upon arriving at about 6:3pm on a Saturday for a two-night stay, we were told the the motel was overbooked and that they had rebooked us 25 miles away in Somerset, PA. Mind you we had made our reservations nearly 4 months in advance! The only thing that bumped this up from a Terrible to a Poor rating was that they paid for the stay in Somerset, but not for the gas for several round trips between Somerset and Johnstown, nor the time and hassle of the travel.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
We do apologize for any inconveniences
We did take proper actions to resolve the issues
Washington D.C.
Reviewed August 4, 2009

Haven't ever before stayed at the Super 8 chain of hotels, but this one was really something. My husband and I decided to splurge and book the jacuzzi suite on the weekend we were visiting family and were so very happy to have made that decision. After the craziness of being around family during the day, it was such a treat to come back to such a romantic, spacious room that really caters so well to couples. And the best part is that we would have paid the same price for just a standard room at the Hampton in town!

We haven't checked out the other rooms at the Super 8 yet, but definitely plan on doing so next time we travel on more of a budget. Staff very pleasant and competent, and love the new 'welcome kits' they give out for items people may have forgotten in their travels. Really gave our stay such a nice personal touch.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelbeez
Clarksville
Reviewed September 25, 2008

This is a return stay at the Super 8 in Johnstown, PA. It is conveniently near restaurants and the Galleria Mall as well as Rt 219. The desk clerk was very nice and found my previous stays in the computer, so there was no need to give them all of the info again. The room was very nice with a king bed, fridge, microwave, iron and board, small desk, alarm clock and a recliner. Everything was clean and tidy. The bed was comfortable and we slept well. The only "problem" was finding an available outlet to plug in the cell phone and laptop. The number of outlets was adequate for a room, they were just being used by all the items in the room. The morning breakfast was adequate with donuts, bagels, cereals, coffee, juices, etc. and the little dining area was clean and had lovely decorations. They also have a computer in the lobby to surf the net and check email, as well as a tv and some cushy chairs.

• Liked — location, price, and cleanliness
  • Disliked — lack of available outlets
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jenster11174
Cheshire
Reviewed June 24, 2008

At first this motel did not look too promising set in a triangle between three roads. But it was convenient for the nearby mall and restaurants and also for downtown Johnstown. The rooms were clean, staff helpful and free internet available. Breakfast was basic but for $60 one cannot complain. I had a good night's sleep which is my major priority.

• Liked — Price, clean rooms
  • Disliked — Situation
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cheshireite
Albany, New York
Reviewed April 22, 2008

Good location right off the highway but still quiet. Stayed in the whirlpool suite which was huge, with fridge, and microwave for less than $100/night. Really elegant with great mood lighting and mirrors. Outside door was close for the car. Heard no outside noises from other guests. Breakfast area is small and not too much selection--mainly cereal and bagels. Free local paper. Staff was helpful with dinner suggestions, many less than 2 miles away. Hard to watch tv from the bed--needs to have a swivel!

• Liked — the room
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tank_7
PA
Reviewed August 11, 2007

Walked in on a very busy weekend (AAABA baseball, we didn't know this) and asked about room availability. Front desk clerk was very busy. Checking people in, giving directions, etc. The girl was AMAZING! She handled everything well. She was very helpful in all areas, friendly and even had a wonderful SMILE on her face! We got a room at a very reasonable price (surprised that there wasn't any price gouging). Room was spotless. Motel is near a mall and many restaurants. Easy access to Route 219. Would recommend to friends and family. We will be making this "our" hotel to stay at when we are in this area in the future!

Stayed August 2007
5 Thank dartoot
We hope to do business with you again in the future
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnstown
Sleep Inn
#1 of 2 in Ebensburg
Ramada Ligonier
Ramada Ligonier
#1 of 1 in Ligonier

Been to Super 8 Johnstown? Share your experiences!