“we will be back”

Hampton Inn Johnstown
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Johnstown
Reviewed January 3, 2011

We stayed here while visiting my son and his family. The room was well appointed and clean. The staff was friendly and accommodating. There wasn't a indoor pool which is not a issue with us nor was there a workout area, but they do partner with a facility off premise. My biggest dissapointment was no on site coin laundry but I was able to use my daughter in laws. The breakfast was satisfying to us and it varied each day. I loved having access to coffee and tea any time and the evening cookies were wonderful. We plan to stay here when we visit my son.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sendme2thebeach
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Johnstown

Reviewed November 3, 2010

Clean rooms with friendly staff. Safe. Great breakfast, with hot drinks available 24 hours.
I have stayed in three other hotels in the area, and no doubt will continue to return to this Hampton Inn. Only negative, no on site fitness.

• Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank goldenglove
Reviewed November 2, 2010

Check-in was quick with friendly desk clerks. Room was very modern and despite some hair on the bathroom floor, very clean. Breakfast was very good with a variety of selections. The attendant for breakfast looked like she has seen better days and wasn't very talkative...maybe it was just an early morning. Overall, great stay and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ALBR23
Reviewed October 9, 2010

Stayed here on Columbus day weekend and found the hotel to be adaquate. Hot breakfast was good well stocked with all the Hampton Inn favorites. Rooms are very basic but clean. 10 minute drive to downtown. If staying right in town is important I would stay at the Holiday Inn downtown. Not the nicest Hampton Inn I stayed at but in the middle. Like all Hampton Inn's the lobby and breakfast area were remolded and really nice but the rooms need a little help like a few more pictures and a more welcoming feeling.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank septaleon
Reviewed May 25, 2010

Highs:
Large clean room and bathroom
Plenty of towels
Close to restaurants and shopping
Quiet
Chocolate chip cookies at the front desk

Lows:
What happened to the breakfast buffet? They installed a wafflemaker, but took away the cooked eggs, bacon, etc.
What happened to the complimentary bottle of water and chips/cookies for HH members?
No on-site fitness room

Still better than the Holiday Inn, but next time I'm giving the Comfort Inn a try.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank lvs2cruz
Reviewed July 23, 2009

Recently returned from 3 day business trip.

Location - Close to the airport, shopping, restaurants and major highways in Johnstown, PA. Also to the only Starbucks in Town! Free parking as usual for Hampton Inn.

Check - In - Fast/Easy, friendly staff.

Room - Large room with King Bed, fridge, microwave, nice flat screen TV.
Bed was not the most comfortable I've slept in.
Free Internet.
A little noisy from - outside traffic.

Very nice heated pool and seating area in the back. Nice to unwind after work.

Complimentary Breakfast - Average as expected for Hampton Inn. Usual selection of carbs, some hot items, fruit, coffee and tea.
Coffee and Tea available all the time. Nice to get a cup of coffee after work.
Seating area clean, staff very friendly and attentive.

Maid service is below par. Coffee cup from the am left, cups not replenished, bed not made as well as it could be, garbage cans not emptied.

Would recommend for the business traveler. Hampton Inn appears to be the best thing going in town.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank CARose
Reviewed December 11, 2008

As another review hinted the entrance to this hotel is a little hard to find and at night I agree somewhat. But I'll blame my GPS, in part, for being off. During daylight I think seeing the sign by the entrance road is less of an issue. Nonetheless, when I called for directions, stating where I was, the staff member gave me helpful information get to the hotel.

My room and stay were consistent with Hampton standards. My room had a new large flat screen TV. Room was large and clean, internet service was fine. Continental breakfast was nicely done and once again met all Hampton expectations.

Finally I made the mistake of leaving some personal items in the room. The hotel called and arrangements were quickly made to have them overnighted back to me. The next morning, I had them back. An extra effort that indicated to me that both the cleaning staff and management wanted to serve travelers well.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank cs1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnstown
Holiday Inn Johnstown Downtown
Ramada Ligonier
Ramada Ligonier
#1 of 1 in Ligonier
Holiday Inn Express Somerset

Been to Hampton Inn Johnstown? Share your experiences!