“Highs and Lows at Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Johnstown
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Johnstown
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Highs and Lows at Hampton Inn”
Reviewed May 25, 2010

Highs:
Large clean room and bathroom
Plenty of towels
Close to restaurants and shopping
Quiet
Chocolate chip cookies at the front desk

Lows:
What happened to the breakfast buffet? They installed a wafflemaker, but took away the cooked eggs, bacon, etc.
What happened to the complimentary bottle of water and chips/cookies for HH members?
No on-site fitness room

Still better than the Holiday Inn, but next time I'm giving the Comfort Inn a try.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank lvs2cruz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
California
Reviewed July 23, 2009

Recently returned from 3 day business trip.

Location - Close to the airport, shopping, restaurants and major highways in Johnstown, PA. Also to the only Starbucks in Town! Free parking as usual for Hampton Inn.

Check - In - Fast/Easy, friendly staff.

Room - Large room with King Bed, fridge, microwave, nice flat screen TV.
Bed was not the most comfortable I've slept in.
Free Internet.
A little noisy from - outside traffic.

Very nice heated pool and seating area in the back. Nice to unwind after work.

Complimentary Breakfast - Average as expected for Hampton Inn. Usual selection of carbs, some hot items, fruit, coffee and tea.
Coffee and Tea available all the time. Nice to get a cup of coffee after work.
Seating area clean, staff very friendly and attentive.

Maid service is below par. Coffee cup from the am left, cups not replenished, bed not made as well as it could be, garbage cans not emptied.

Would recommend for the business traveler. Hampton Inn appears to be the best thing going in town.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank CARose
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed December 11, 2008

As another review hinted the entrance to this hotel is a little hard to find and at night I agree somewhat. But I'll blame my GPS, in part, for being off. During daylight I think seeing the sign by the entrance road is less of an issue. Nonetheless, when I called for directions, stating where I was, the staff member gave me helpful information get to the hotel.

My room and stay were consistent with Hampton standards. My room had a new large flat screen TV. Room was large and clean, internet service was fine. Continental breakfast was nicely done and once again met all Hampton expectations.

Finally I made the mistake of leaving some personal items in the room. The hotel called and arrangements were quickly made to have them overnighted back to me. The next morning, I had them back. An extra effort that indicated to me that both the cleaning staff and management wanted to serve travelers well.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank cs1
Washington, DC
Reviewed November 14, 2008

I stayed at this Hampton Inn during a business trip in October, 2008.

My over-all impression is that this is a hard hotel to find. It is on some sort of obscure side-road and the enterance to the property is not at all obvious. That also means that there are not very good resturant options in the immediate vicinity. There's a couple of malls nearby with chain resturaunts, but nothing very good.

Also, was very disapointed that there was no on-site gym. They have some sort of arrangement with a nearby gym, but on a cold, snowy morning, getting up and leaving the hotel to work out isn't very appealling.

Having said that, the hote was nice. The staff good and friendly. Everythign was clean. The room was comfortable. All in all, a very standard Hampton Inn...nothing special but meeting all expectations as to comfort, etc.

• Liked — Room was clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — Hard to find location
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed June 23, 2008

We were attending a conference at the University of Pittsburgh - Johnstown Campus and didn't want to stay in the dorms, so I called the Hampton Inn to check on rates. When I asked how far away the campus was, the clerk kindly asked me what we were coming for and extended us a very reasonable "campus rate." It was actually cheaper for us to stay here and pay the "off campus" conference rate and pay for our conference meals separately. Since b'fast is included in the stay, we didn't have to eat those meals with the conference group. Hmmm...stay in a college dorm or the Hampton Inn? No brainer! I've always liked Hamptons and this one is no exception. The front desk clerks were extremely friendly and helpful. The beds and linens are superb - very cushy and comfortable. Breakfast was nice with lots of choices. I like being able to get a cup of tea or coffee any time of day - thank you. There were also warm cookies being served when we checked in. Nice touch! The shower was excellent and the towels are fluffy and a generous size. There was also a nice big counter in the bathroom where we could easily unpack all our toiletries. We did find the hotel a little bit noisy, but not terribly. We would definitely stay here again. Only thing I can think of that we would have liked would be a pay-per-view movie option. We had a free Saturday night and the movies in town weren't anything we were interested in.

• Liked — Friendly staff, extremely clean, nice linens and bed, good breakfast. Great value!
  • Disliked — Didn't matter much to us (we were there for a conference) but there didn't seem to be a lot to do in the immediate area. There are your basic chain stores and restaurants just a shor drive away.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Deb74
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 22, 2008

This hotel is the best to stay at in the Johnstown area. It was in a nice location and it was very clean. Our bed was unbelievably comfortable. The breakfast selection was great, it made it easier to get out of our bed that we didn't want to leave in the morning. The hotel can be a little hard to find at first, but it's probably because we got there at 3am so we were very tired by that point. If you go to Johnstown, definitely stay at the Hampton. We're going back soon.

• Liked — the beds, breakfast, and very clean!
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 13, 2007

This is a good place to stay while visiting Johnstown. The room was very clean and the personnel was extremely helpful and knowledgable. They even provided computer printouts of maps and directions to the local attractions and restaurants. Very neat. They had a nice free continental breakfast too. We checked in early and by luck, our room was ready so they let us in. I would recommend this hotel and I will definately stay there again.

• Liked — Cleanliness and good personnel
  • Disliked — No restaurant but did have continental breakfast
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CountryMouse103
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnstown
Holiday Inn Johnstown Downtown
Ramada Ligonier
Ramada Ligonier
#1 of 1 in Ligonier
Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville

Been to Hampton Inn Johnstown? Share your experiences!