All reviews stayed here room was clean front desk breakfast bar area hot and cold items next morning free wifi first floor walmart sink housekeeping carpet funeral
Selected filters
Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

Room was clean. Fairly nice hotel. Great Staff. Breakfast bar is just about passable. Would not be my first choice but is OK for a couple of days maximum.
Quality Inn nearby much better stay especially for a longer period.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
CAROL L, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2019

Reviewed March 15, 2019

~~~When I checked in~~~ around 4PM on a Friday there was nobody manning the front desk. After a minute or so, a woman came out to help check me into a room for a 1 night stay. She was nice and friendly. Another employee was also pleasant in helping me with the check-out process the next morning. We didn't have any interaction with housekeeping.

~~~Our King Bed Room~~~ came with a flat screen TV, coffee maker, hair dryer, clock radio, and A/C that we didn't use and free WiFi that we did. The bed was not comfortable as we were tossing and turning all night long. Our backs were sore the next morning. There was no microwave or refrigerator in the room.

~~~FREE breakfast~~~ was available at the breakfast bar area on the first floor M-F (6a-9a) and weekends (7a-10a). I didn't eat or drink anything, but my fiance took a couple bites and stopped eating as she said it tasted disgusting. There was adequate seating provided if you elect to give it a go.

~~~Value~~~ The hotel only cost $89.30 minus taxes on a Friday night when we went in February so we were able to get a low rate given the time of year we went on our trip. Right now, a month later in March, the rate for the same room on a Friday night is $104.50. That amounts to a $15.20 increase from Feb to Mar. As a point of comparison, the Hampton Inn right up the road will set you back $189 on a Friday night in March. The Quality Inn right behind this Sleep Inn property is $121 a night. The Quality Inn room you will get a microwave and fridge though.

~~~The location~~~ is not too bad as there are restaurants and a movie theater within walking distance along as a bowling alley only a 5 minute drive away. This hotel is right off U.S. Route 219 and only a 13 min drive from the Johnstown Flood National Memorial.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

I apologize you were not happy with us

Reviewed December 8, 2018 via mobile

I was so impressed with the front desk staff: Jackie, Nancy, and especially Lori. Lori was so empathetic and helpful. She took great care to book a block of rooms at an excellent rate for me and my family attending my father's funeral. Having family flying in from all parts of the country, I wasn't sure how many rooms to book, etc. She said no problem. It was one less thing to worry about during this difficult time. She also offered us their meeting room for family between viewings. I cannot express enough the genuine warmth and excellent customer service of these ladies. Also accomodations were extremely clean, comfortable, and very reasonably priced. I wont stay anywhere but here, the next time I'm in Windber or Johnstown.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
CAROL L, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2018

Thank you. I'm very proud of the staff they go above and beyond.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

The rooms were clean, carpet had a bit of an issue otherwise very nice. It was nice to have 4 pillows per bed. They were of a very nice quality and fluffy. The food for the breakfast had a nice selection. The biscuit and gravy was very good. The staff at the front desk were very nice and made staying there a pleasure.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
CAROL L, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Thank you!

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

The room was clean and fairly modern, the breakfast was fairly good with a combination of hot and cold items, and the staff was friendly and helpful. It’s located right down the road from Pitt-Johnstown and about 10 minutes from Downtown Johnstown.

Date of stay: August 2018