“It was quiet and there was a bed” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cherry Blossom Motel

Cherry Blossom Motel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Young
New South Wales
“It was quiet and there was a bed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

A cheery greeting awaits the traveller booking into the Cherry Blossom. Sadly my room was not as cheery. Apart from the benchtops the room appeared to have last been seriously made over in the 1980s. It smelt a little dank and was quite dreary. The bed was comfortable and the quiet of the motel allowed me a good sleep.

Room Tip: The rooms with more natural light appear to be those facing the old railway line.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PadreJose

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Its been quite a while since I visited Young, but I had no hesitation into booking into the Cherry Blossom. It is a lovely, clean and friendly property and still maintaining the high standards I have been used to from it. It is a very workable motel. It also has a pleasant restaurant which is licenced and serves value and tasty meals. Breakfast delivered to the room is always good.
If you need WIFI then get a room closer to the office as signals in the higher numbered rooms is a bit patchy. I carry a Telstra dongle so it does not concern me. It has a pool but the weather has not been inviting when I have stayed there. Rooms are the normal Motel Room but they have a very handy vanity mirror in the main room which works well.
Perhaps the shower heads could be improved but that's a very minor thing and what is there does the job. If you feel like a few beers the main town is just a short walk away and you don't need to risk your license.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Muruk
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

This was a fine place to stay on our road trip south from Sydney to Victoria. Looks like it was built in the 70's but very clean & quite comfortable. Would stay again. We had dinner in a Thai restaurant in town ( called something like Thai Cruise) which had huge servings of good, freshly cooked food.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Orange, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

As soon as I had booked in I was handed a carton of fresh milk and a packet of biscuits,what a great start, my room although dated was very clean, the heating ( reverse cycle) worked very quickly and there was an electric blanket on the bed. I ordered room service for dinner, it was delivered quickly and was delicious. This motel is real value for money. i will be staying again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

I continually update my reviews on the Cherry Blossom because it really warrants the praise I give it. I believe that I previously noted that I had stayed there in 1970 for the first time on my wedding day. The quality has generally been the same through to today.
It is located right beside the town so you can park the car and walk to all the pubs and eating houses that way avoiding the RBT's and flocks of highly painted police cars floating around Young.
TheTarrif is very affordable, the motel is very clean, WIFI is available and it has a restaurant. The owners are very friendly and knowa lot about the area.

Room Tip: Probably far from the Highway would best
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Queanbeyan, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is a vintage motel but very spacious and comfortable. There have been some modifications in the ensuite but there is still a shower curtain! The unit has heaps of space for luggage etc. The Cherry Blossom Motel is nicely placed for getting around. For those that may be interested an Aldii Store and McCafe are within walking distance. One of the main things for me is that it was nice and quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room at the back. I did and my request was noted and I was told they had given me w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Another of my 'MAD DRIVES' just had to get away. First overnighter Cherry Blossom Motel. Hadnt been to Young before, so once I deceided to stay at Young, wandered around like a 'lost soul' as the signage isnt terrific, found a place in the middle of town, totally booked, so off I went. Then I was pulled over by RBT boys, no problems, and while I was counting to 10, right across the road was the Cherry Blossom. Great pulled up, went in, and what a welcome, so cheery, pleasant, something I needed. Even had a restaurant.
Room big, I was surprised,( mostly end up with pokey rooms that anybody else wouldnt get, being a solo traveller, I normally get those sort of rooms) very clean, pillows very nice, I liked them. Everything comfortable, even friendly next door neighbours, who wanted to chat. Restuarant what a surprise, plenty of variety, and dam good cook, and very affordable local wines, good selection. I did however have a 'giggle' when I was asked if I would like to chill my bottle of RED....
A very nice place to overnight, probably good for a coupla days if wanted, easy walk to town, no traffic noise, which I thought I may get.If you dont want to have munchies there, plenty of take away places as well. I like good food, and have the body to prove it.

Room Tip: I was very close to highway, or main road, no noise....
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo