“Very clean, friendly ”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Young
Dubbo NSW
“Very clean, friendly ”
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Federation motel in young for a work trip and I was very happy with my stay. I found the motel spotlessly clean and the staff were very friendly. Located in a central spot and across the road from the services club which had nice meals. Motel was a bit outdated but for a country town I felt it was value for money so I didn't really care about decor. Comfy beds. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Australia
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed at this motel on our way back to Sydney from Griffith and a truly awful accomodation experience there. The Federation Motor Inn was like being in another world in the best possible way..............Iwould give it a 6* rating on all counts. It is owned by the Young Services Club which is opposite, and managed by Stephen and Janene Mc Illhatton ( I hope I have the spelling correct). They are enthusiastic, extremely professional, and unfailingly helpful and friendly. Our room was a standard room but in name only! Every thing had been considered, everything worked and when one looked for something it was it was there.....from extra pillows to a pen and notepad by the phone to a very well stocked mini-bar.
I would detour to Young in a heart-beat to stay at this motel.

Room Tip: If you prefer a walk-in shower opt for the next level room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank DidiAustralia
Queanbeyan
Reviewed January 24, 2014

my wife and I with three Grandaughters 2 @ 6 years and 1 @ 5 years old often stay at this motel as we have family in Young, we stay because of the freindliness of the managers who treat the children very well, the cleaniness and size of the rooms, the swimming pool would have to be the cleanest we have seen in motels we have stayed at. the food always excellent
This motel is a must to stay in if travelling in the area
Jim Mills

Room Tip: Across the road from Club
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jim M
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I travel all the time with work, which is all of NSW. I would have to say that Sara C's remark about dust is absolutley incorrect- I'm not sure what planet she was on or what she was taking, but I would like to stay at the Motel she cleans and judge. I stay at the The Federation every 6 weeks and each time it is spotless. I usually do not post remarks on trip advisor as remarks like Sara's are false.
Managers & staff including the cleaners,breakfast cooks deserve full praise.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Being a regular visitor to the area over a couple of years, I was always made feel like a returning friend not just another customer. I really appreciated the quiet, comfortable and well appointed rooms, I enjoyed the great breakfasts and room service evening meals from the club. Rest was easily had here after a busy work day....thank you and hope to get back again soon....

Room Tip: All of the rooms are quiet but if you want to watch the ducks using the swimming pool in the evening...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed at federation motel Young very recently we found
Staff very friendly rooms very big with good quality furnishings bed very comfortable and pool area great to just swim and relax very close to all amenities excellent julie

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Brisbane Australia
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Large room and large bathroom spotlessly clean free wi fi on a quiet dead end street opposite RSL club bathrobes tea/coffee toaster supplied as well as iron and ironing board. Friendly staff, comfy beds, no noise. Loved the pool. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Up grade to delux room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple