“Lovely rooms”

Colonial Lodge Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Yass
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I recently stopped here on the way back from a 30min visit to Sydney for work. I picked the hotel based on reviews on this site and wasnt disappointed. I hadnt booked but was greeted with a warm welcome by a lovely english man on reception.
I had a room with a double bed and a single. It was well decorated even with throw cushions on the bed. The cupboard had a tiny fridge/mini bar, toaster, hairdryer, ironing board and a microwave. I was very impressed. It looked like it had been recently repainted etc. A big bonus point to the quality heavy drapes which kept the room dark.
Only downside, for light sleepers like me, was that it was on the main road through town and quite close to the road. The traffic started quite early.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank worktoride
There are newer reviews for Colonial Lodge Motor Inn

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I found the room to look exactly like I imagined.Very neat and clean.I had a great night sleep. Very well equipped with big tv,fridge,kettle,iron,soap and shampoo.Arrived at 9.40 pm and was warmly welcomed.Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank grant b
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I stayed here with my fiance for the Yass Rodeo. It was our first time to Yass and picked this property as it was well priced and close to the Showground.
When getting to the room we were blown away by the quality. The rooms were expertly decorated and furnished and the bathroom looked newly renovated. It's the sort of standard you would pay over $200 a night for in Sydney not an amazing $95.
Extremely happy with the service as well. The staff were very helpful and friendly.
If we ever make it back to Yass we will most certainly be staying here.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kat-in-london
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Friendly, charming and thoughtful people, the best shower my mum has had in 50 years. All future trips along the Hume will involve a night at this motel. Comfortable beds - even my restless 4yo slept solidly through until 6:30 (unheard of). I highly recommend the superior room, totally worth the extra few dollars.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Amanda M
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Driving from Brisbane to Melbourne I stopped in Yass, very tired and hoping for a good bed and functioning wifi. CLMI exceeded my hopes - the bed was so good I slept through the night for the first time in weeks, and the wifi was excellent, far better than most motels. Did I mention the room? can only be described as spotless, with every comfort thought of. And the welcome was both warm and friendly, with all the information I needed. Will definitely make a return visit.

Room Tip: Ask at reception - they will move mountains to ensure you get the right room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Margaret A
MaryanneC20, Manager at Colonial Lodge Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear Margaret, we are glad you noticed our high level of cleanliness and our intent to make your stay as comfortable as we can. Also it's lovely to see you noticed our upgraded WIFI system. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review.
Warm regards, Krystle and Greg

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stayed here with my parents as a stop over on our way to Melbourne. I have quite bad allergies and after calling in advance our room had NO smells and I could actually breath. The owner brought out his BBQ for us and blew off all the leaves.

The air con was so quiet that it didn't interupt our sleep at all. The room was clean with a fridge, toaster and microwave. The beds had electric blankets (we didn't need these in summer). The hotel also gives a discount to pension card holders.

I would definately recommend to anyone. Overall we had a great stay

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Jessicap1111, after your alerting us to the scope of your allergies we were happy to prepare your room according to you and your parent's needs. Thank you for taking the time notice our reverse cycle aircon's in the room and just how quiet and effective they are. We hope you and your parents enjoyed the rest of your trip.
Thank you, Krystle and Greg.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

For work trip, stay in this motel for one night. Feel pretty comfortable. good air conditioner for sleep. On time good breakfast service. Convenient location for in and out. Very friendly staff. Foxtel TV is another good thing in a small motel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Bo Z, thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are aware with our business customers that prompt service is of great help when on the clock. As well as our delicious breakfast's being delivered on time we also offer free WIFI and several convenient options for dinner ranging from a light in room meal or special deals running with the Ewe 'n' Me restaurant availing a corporate dinner option as well.
Kind regards, Krystle and Greg