Angourie Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Yamba Sun Motel(Yamba)(Great Value!)
$90
$86
Surf Motel(Yamba)
$100
$93
Agoda.com
Yamba Aston Motel(Yamba)(Great Value!)
$96
$81
$116
$113
Travelocity
Yamba Motor Inn(Yamba)(Great Value!)
$86
$79
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbedroom spa apartmentrainforest walkday bedcontinental breakfastspa treatmentscheese platterluxury escapessteam roomenclosed balconychildren's playgroundindoor play areakids poolaway from the roadyogurtbeautiful poolfull kitchennight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Sadly today I had the worst dining experience of my life at this resort. We paid $200 for Xmas lunch which was a total disgrace. The starter consisted of 2 prawns 2 Oysters Crab foot and Smoked Salmon. The main was Buffet style Cold Chewy meat cold vegetables no gravy a total disgrace They charged $200 in advance so no way to get your money back even charged for coffee. Will we recommend yes stay away

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank richp4242
Reviewed December 8, 2012

This was our 3rd visit here. We got this via groupon, which we had to pay a $40 surcharge per night for the dates we wanted, outside the block out dates? We got a bottle of wine with the voucher, free WiFi and DVD hire. When we arrived, we had to ask for the wine as the girl looked totally confused about the per payed booking. The WiFi is slow, but on the good side the units are OK to stay as they have a kitchen, great outdoors, with mosie screens. The pool is great as well. It is a nice place, but the staff seem to just be there and are not the happy ones from our first visit 3 years ago.
We will try somewhere else in Yamba next year.

Room Tip: Ask if there are any children above you if your in the blocks. The noise comes straight through the floors
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Popeyetheman
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Beautiful location, nice rooms and friendly service from front desk.
Nice pool in large, well maintained resort.
Beaches at Yamba are beautiful, Angourie superb and Brooms Head stunning - this area is just perfect for a relaxing holiday.
Will definately be returning!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bocko50
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Let me first say this.

When you call angourie for a room and the receptionist mumbles the only room they have is a DELUXE SPA 1bedroom, dont be impressed. Even ON the website.. there is no "deluxe spa room".... there is a 1 bed $20 more than their USUAL SPA GARDEN APARTMENT rate (which i ., upon arrival found out was what i got..)....hint, BOOK ONLINE! NEVER ever call them to reserve!

That said, IF you pick a spa room, you better make sure it is NOT downstairs (GARDEN) (they are 2 storey apartments which means, yep, someone is going to be upstairs (LOFT) and let me tell you.. if you love the sound of large elephants on the roof at 6am, not to mention , squeaking cupboards and doors you can hear through the floor..

ALL these apartments seriously need WD40 on their FLY screen doors , they squeak and every single one slams... ALL bathrooms are lined up right at the front of the thoroughfare so if you were thinking of having sexy time in the spa, forget it..

Upon arriving, we we greeted with 4 X Full dirty laundry bags next to our door... i'd have preferred a mint on my pillow to be honest.

The apartments are pretty immaculate. Yes, the kitchen has a cute little island bench too.
the outdoor screened patio is awesome! The tvs... are absolutely substandard and pathetic. Somehow each channel has a huge differing volume.. go figure. Spas are old and makes you a little uneasy to get in as they seem to look... discoloured

This room alone screams, family only ..even though its 1 bedroom... from the cheap , gross toilet paper (bring your own because the OUTBACK toilet I used the previous night had better toilet paper.. and i kid you not)

The day spa is the reason this place should use the name resort. It is beautiful and decently priced..until of course your time is up and your walked to some communal kitchen , handed a warm glass of water and have to find your way out with unmarked exit doors... awkward...

On our last day, we were casually sitting on the couch at about 10am and lo and behold "BANG!!!!!" we hear a door open., sounds like ours.... YEP here is the cleaner stomping in... with bag over shoulder... 30 MINS before checkout .... looking at a piece of paper... I look up AMAZED .... wtf....she apologises "Sorry guys!" and disappears...
wow another possible sexy time kill... Thanks Angourie, you sure made this one memorable.

I was even having a DAY spa treatment at the resort and reception REFUSED to allow us to extend check in by FIFTEEN minutes...So let me get this straight... I spend hundreds at the day spa... and you cant extend your check out by 15 mins.. These people knew it was my 14th wedding anniversary.. and did nothing as most places would, to say "congratulations".. nope, we got a home invasion and kicked out when I went to their spa..

No thanks.... talk about this being a cattle ranch!!

I have been to angourie before and stayed in a villa (recommend for families only) but let me tell you if youre after rainforest... youre better off lining up 10 palm trees at home and throwing the sprinkler on... the "walk" is like a freaking garden lol...

The place is ran by people with obviously no clue in hospitality.. sure they walk around like they know what theyre doing but need replacing... I would replace all of reception actually... maybe replace them with the day spa staff.. or better yet the kitchen staff who are actually friendly.

Pretty disappointing... If youre a family with money to blow, take your kids to fiji.
if you want a lazy weekend with the fam, grab a villa and make sure you get a sensible rate without reception lying about what they have available like they did to me..

for that lie, ill never go there again.

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY IN THE GARDEN APARTMENTS... unless you want to hear people on your roof for the entire stay.. The LOFTS are UPSTAIRS... always go for a villa IMO...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank xscarletx
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Paying up front for an average resort is a bit rich. The light in the main bedroom didn't work and the sliding doors had locks that took a lot of fiddling to get them to lock. The kids pool is great for kids. The playground and entertainment room is also great for kids. Our kids loved them. The service upon check in was good. My wife had a spa and facial and was happy with the treatment. The masseur attempted to sell my wife a ridiculously expensive moisturiser for about $300. My wife doesn't find this a negative however. Service was found to be lacking when she went to check in to ask if she had left her sunnies in the spa. The reply was, 'it's all locked up for the night'. The girl eventually looked after the pint was pushed. A good tip for young players in hospitality is a reply that sounds like this-: ' I'm sorry to hear you have misplaced them. I'll get someone to have a look for you right away.' Not hard. Breakfast was good. Beds were comfy. Location was fine. The resort was quiet as it was mid week. Its more of a place for family with kids not couples looking for a romantic retreat. Would we come back? We didn't think enough of it to come back without trying other places first.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family