Angourie Resort
Pegasus Motel(Yamba)(Great Value!)
$76
$73
Hotwire.com
Yamba Aston Motel(Yamba)(Great Value!)
$96
$84
Priceline
Yamba Motor Inn(Yamba)(Great Value!)
$86
$80
Agoda.com
Yamba Sun Motel(Yamba)(Great Value!)
$86
$81
Yamba Twin Pines Motel(Yamba)(Great Value!)
$96
$94
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbedroom spa apartmentrainforest walkday bedcontinental breakfastspa treatmentscheese platterluxury escapessteam roomenclosed balconychildren's playgroundindoor play areakids poolaway from the roadyogurtbeautiful poolfull kitchennight stay
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Went as a couple fur a weekend away. Very relaxing feel with lovely gardens. Room spacious with a great deck though very dark. Had a massage at the spa which was brilliant, you arrive an hour earlier than apt and use the sauna and therapy pool which was great. Pool wasn't as great as expected though nice enough. Had dinner one night at the restaurant which is a lovely setting and the food was nice though for the money there are many better restaurants in Yamba. Had the breakfast once....okay but once again better cafes in town. Overall lovely place in a good spot. Would stay again!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Having stayed in Yamba on the beach for two days prior (deliberately as Angourie looked to be a bit away from central Yamba) we were looking forward to a couple of days relaxing and lounging by the pool. First impressions were actually really good; prompt and courteous service and given a map of the resort. The room itself is smart, it hasn't dated yet but you can see it will soon. My favourite thing was the screened in patio area which we spent the most of our time. We scooted off to the pool (looked waaaay bigger in the pics) which you share with lizards (pretty cool too). But from there it all went steadily downhill. Now if you are a family, or going with another family, this place is for you. There is a great kids pool area separate to the main pool but for some reason family after family brought their kids in floaties into the main area. Did our heads in after a while listening to parents praise their floating children.

Back in the room the fine dining restaurant Cunvejoi menu read like a dream. So much food I wanted to try, so no need to leave the resort. When we arrived there must've been a conference crowd staying sharing two big tables, then one other couple of two. First awful thing, a wine list I'd expect in a remote part of Siberia (no choice, and wines from Qld and Bendigo?!?… nothing from a wine region of note). Entree of gnocchi was burnt, not sure how you burn gnocchi but later after actually asking the chef he told us it burns like that because he takes the frozen gnocchi out of the freezer and straight into a frypan. All other dishes were terrible and asking over $30 for a main. Never again. My advice to Angourie is to serve far more affordable, pub style food aimed at families because that seems your target market.

Continental brekkie was OK, though one morning we were the last for breakfast and offering the hot breakfast for $10 more; had a look at it, said no thanks and then the wait staff removed all of it. Weird.

Took half an hour to fill the spa bath, get it, only one jet worked. The jets were rusting in any case.

If you have kids, go there but don't go with mates, or as a couple.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank diceslider
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stay here recently for my Wife's Birthday. Not up to the standard that the webpage portrays. shower had mould in it and spa was dirty which made it uninviting. When going to the resturant for dinner, started out badly as they didnt have our reservation. number of things on the menu were not available and the staff were struggling to cope with the amount of people there.Cont breakfast was ok. Overall we were disappointed with the impression it left

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nowweare4
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed here for three nights at end of September. The rooms were quite good - roomy and comfortable, and lovely screened in patio. The tennis courts were a hit, and for families there is plenty to do with pool and tennis.

However, we were a bit disappointed. Firstly, I'm not sure what exactly is 'Eco' about the resort except that there are some palm trees on the property. It is right by a busy main road, so quite noisy. The lodges are very close together, whereas from the website I had the impression it would be much more secluded. There were weddings on two days we were there, and we had to listen to quite loud wedding bands in our room each night. There were no facilities for recycling our waste, and no signs up asking people to reuse towels, etc. maybe a small thing, but surely a priority for an 'Eco' resort.

I was a bit surprised at having to pay upfront when I booked online a few weeks prior to going, don't think I've ever done that before. I proceeded anyways as most other places were booked up, and I was left with little choice. I was even more surprised when I got there to hear that Wi-Fi was $5 per hour (first hour free) for our room. We were told that if we were staying in a more expensive room it would have been free. At $215 per night for our room, I would consider free Wi-Fi a given. I think that's a but cheap, considering you can get free Wi-Fi at McDonalds if you spend a couple of dollars. It was a bit irritating to be asked every morning at breakfast if we'd like to pay an extra $10 to upgrade to the full breakfast, as our deal only included the continental.

The location isn't ideal, at least a couple of kilometers from beaches and shops, although that was my own fault for not checking that out first. Like a previous reviewer mentioned, next time I will definitely be renting a house in Angourie overlooking the ocean. Yamba and Angourie are beautiful spots though, and definitely worth the visit. Perhaps not the Angourie Rainforest Retreat though.....

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank Margaret0011
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The villas themselves are thoughtfully designed and built. High vaulted ceilings, timber floors and private screened verandahs make for a lovely ambience and the individual villas are *just* far enough apart from each other in the established rainforest landscaping that they feel adequately private.

We stayed with our kids, who adored the grounds and the games/play area and happily " disappeared" there to allow their parents some chill time. There is plenty of Flat and safe cycling/ scootering territory for little children, well maintained BBQ areas, and apparently some structured kids activities scheduled although we didn't use these.

Beaches at yamba or angourie are a short drive or cycle.

I would agree with all the comments here about the staff. Genuinely friendly and helpful.

The only quibbles are very minor. The kitchen is only very minimally equipped for somewhere in this price bracket. A couple of saucepans and a small frying pan and no serving equipment/dishes at all. The kids games room bouncy castle area is magnificent but could do with some maintenance.

Room Tip: The villas overlooking the play area are very convenient for those with small children without really compromising privacy.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family