“Why so dry???? ” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Osteria Martini

Osteria Martini
Ranked #8 of 65 Restaurants in Yamba
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gold Coast, Australia
“Why so dry???? ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

My theory with foods in restaurants is that if you can't cook it don't serve it! Sad to say people rave about this place however we were left thinking are we spoilt or was the food that bad? Bruschetta was to die for very tasty.... The only saving grace really however you don't go to a restaurant just to have bruschetta do you? I had the duck... Thought I would take a chance... After seeing signs saying no to BBQ sauce I was wanting any sauce BBQ would have done anything to lessen the fact the duck was over cooked, dry and tasteless! Worst burnt offering I have tasted! On the other hand my partner had the garlic chicken breast when it first came out and before tasting it I was suffering from food envy... But then I did taste it... So so very dry and so much garlic the only thing we were able to use to distinguish it was chicken was the white flesh. After all the dry food we were looking forward to desert. Again dry chocolate Cake. Maybe chef should reconsider the use of sauces. Suffice to say we didn't go back shame really.

Townsville
“Fantastic service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

Great food with wonderful service. They really welcomed you. Had dinner with four children and they catered beautifully.

Visited December 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Awesome stuff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

We had a fantastic time at Osteria Martini. It's always a bit scary going to dinner with two little kids, but the team had them sorted and feeling very comfortable from the get go. Quick encouragement for the kids to draw on the paper table cloths, and their menus were in kids books, so again, adding very nicely to the family welcoming experience.

I had a salami pizza to myself (I'm at an Italian restaurant, and I'm holidays!), while my wife had a gluten free pasta dish. Kids were happy with chicken and fish - both were great.

Very much liked the beer selection also. All Italian beers on the menu were brewed in Italy, and then imported, rather than the seemingly more common "Brewed in Australia under licence" so very authentic. The Birra Messina were $7, so why go for a Crownie at the same price?!

The Panna Cotta was devine!!

My coffee could have been stronger, but I guess that is my fault. I generally drink a double shot piccolo latte as my standard brew, so I guess I should have have asked for that, rather than a standard latte.

Overall, it was a lovely experience, and if you don't go to this restaurant when in Yamba, you're just mad!!!

• Visited December 2013
Australia
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Really good restaurant, and hands down the best Italian restaurant for 100s of km! Highly recommended, very popular and we had to book well in advance both times (the only restaurant I've ever been to twice in a week!)

Visited December 2013
Daisy Hill, Australia
“Great Authentic Italian Food - With Passion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

We were passing through Yamba on our way south. We decided to try Osteria Martini because of the reviews on trip advisor. On the first night G had freshly made ravioli with spinach and ricotta and A had puttanesca penne. The wine list included some reasonably priced Italian wine. We had a bottle of Montepulciano d'Abruzzo which was very good. Both meals and service were so good we decided to stay longer in Yamba and eat there again.
On the second night we wanted a pizza and maybe dessert. Ricardo (owner/waiter?) said one pizza would only be enough for one. Yeah, maybe Pavarotti on a good day! The prosciutto e fungi pizza was perfect. Thin, a little crispy and very tasty. We shared this to ensure some room for dessert.
Tiramisu for A and three small panacottas with different topping for G. Sensational!
Their passion for food and authenticity is obvious when you talk to them. A sign near the kitchen confirms their passion for authentic Italian food. Among the rules - no pineapple on pizzas!

• Visited November 2013