Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Dolphin Fish, doesn’t matter me bikes out the front.!

Reviewed May 9, 2019
Gerry O
Amazing trip, large fish caught and a great time had....

Reviewed April 15, 2019
Jared S

All reviews live bait dolphin fish perch jew fish other guests sense of humour fish caught snapper big fish glen jewfish wreck jetty rigs excitement landed bang
Selected filters
Reviewed May 9, 2019

What a great day, great value for money. Half day charter, but more like three quarters of a day, we were lucky and got some good fish, we left the dock with our fish cleaned, filleted and bagged for us.
Glenn is a great Skipper, good knowledge and really helpful, apart from the fact that he’s the worst comedian in the world, I would highly recommend his charters.

Date of experience: May 2019
GlynnB42, Owner at Yamba Fishing and Charters, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2019

Gerry we're extremely happy that you and David enjoyed your fishing experience with us. Being able to spend the day fishing and having a laugh with a fantastic crew makes the day worthwhile. Thanks again for coming and we'll see you again soon, bring on the jokes.
Lastly, Gerry did you want white or brown bread, it doesn't really matter because I've got my bike outside!

Reviewed April 15, 2019

My 8 year old and I had given up on hope of landing some decent size fish in Aussie for the past 6 years...and coming from NZ fishing we didn't know what we would be in for this time round....

First we went and caught what seemed to be an endless supply of small fish for live bait. then Glynn took us to a shipwreck to try and catch some Jewfish...and bang, I took a large one without delay....it went quiet though and everyone thought that might be it...

Glynn rigged up the trolling rods to the next patch, although they didn't hook up, when we got to the next amazing location....we were all striking good size Dolphin Fish, taking in 2 each for the people on board and we could have got more but we had enough for a feed really.

Glynn worked hard for us to catch something and a large Mackerill also came on the boat.

This husband and wife team were really helpful, and even the locals in the town think they are the best for the local fishing trips, and I would agree!

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank Jared S
GlynnB42, Owner at Yamba Fishing and Charters, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2019

Jared, we are extremely appreciative that customers like you have taken time to write a positive review for Yamba Fishing and Charters. We are genuinely grateful to be able to offer families a memorable experience deep sea fishing while visiting our beautiful Clarence Valley. Our aim is to offer everyone a quality experience while onboard. We hope that our enthusiasm towards fishing is reflected in your experience.
Many thanks Jared, it was our pleasure to have you and your son onboard with us. See you both again soon for another cracker of a day fishing.

Reviewed December 23, 2018 via mobile

My 10 year old son that loves fishing and me who is a novice at best spent the day with Glynn fishing off the coast of Yamba. Though not highly successful in terms of catching many fish I want to highlight the patience of Glynn throughout the day. There was never a problem when lines got tangled and rigs had to be reset. Glynn made sure that my boy had a great day. We caught heaps of bait, a large snapper, blue water groper and black tip shark. As Glynn said fishing is like being in a doctors waiting room!

Date of experience: December 2018
GlynnB42, Owner at Yamba Fishing and Charters, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2018

Patience is exactly what you need when anyone goes fishing, especially deep sea fishing. Mark and Tom you both came onboard with the right attitude for a fishing adventure and that’s important.
Mark, you’re a great dad encouraging your son Tom to take part in something you’re not familiar with. Glynn enjoys being able to teach our future fishermen everything they need, even the cleaning of the fish.
At Yamba Fishing and Charters, we pride ourselves in creating a memorable experience for everyone onboard and mentoring eager kids.
Thanks Mark and Tom for joining us, it was our pleasure to help create a fantastic memory for you both while on your holiday in beautiful Yamba.
See you both again soon, Happy Fishing.
Glynn and Julie

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I got up at 4 a.m. to do this six hour fishing trip from 5 a.m. I was feeling seasick the whole eight hours plus but despite this could appreciate the excitement of the seven passengers, the brilliance of the skipper Glynn, and the amount of jewfish, sharks, and other fish caught. Glynn was determined everyone would catch something, and (to my chagrin but others delight) the fishing continued till nearly 1 pm when perhaps Glynn took pity on me and took us back to land where the fish was cleaned, filleted and given out to all. Ask my husband about this fishing trip and he says “bloody brilliant” - Glynn was safety conscious, considerate and you couldn’t ask for a better skipper. The only suggestion I have is that a small bench or seat be placed out in the fresh air for those a little older. I am probably in the getting-on-elderly age bracket and standing up for eight hours in a rocking boat because I felt too unwell to sit inside has given me a backache....it could be fold up to save space. I have to add a word re Glynns wife who is friendly, enthusiastic about the fishing charter business and has a great sense of humour.

Date of experience: September 2018
GlynnB42, Owner at Yamba Fishing and Charters, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Jeff and Marilyn we were happy that you could be part of one of our deep sea fishing adventures with Yamba Fishing and Charters.
Marilyn, you definitely soldiered on during the trip with sea sickness and created some great memories with Jeff. Not including the sea sickness!!
We do have plenty of seating available around the bait box, we're dissapointed you didn't use it. The seating outside might have aided in a small amout of relief for you while you watched Jeff and the others reel in fish and listen to Glynn's jokes.
Please contact us again next time you are both passing through Yamba, it was our pleasure to have you both join us.

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

Had a great day out on the water with Yamba fishing charters, caught a few fish. Would go again, thanks Glenn for a great day

Date of experience: August 2018
Glynn B, Owner at Yamba Fishing and Charters, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Thanks Nick and Justin, we’re glad you contacted Yamba Fishing and Charters for your day out.
We were happy to show you both our beautiful coastline, catch fish, listen to bad jokes and even see whales!!
Take it easy and hope to see you again soon for another fishing trip!