“Return Visit”
Review of Yamba Sun Motel

Yamba Sun Motel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Yamba
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We are returning visitors & stayed at this hotel. We found it to be consistantly Clean, Courteous and enjoyable, We have stayed at many hotels up and down the coast and its a place I can highly recomend.

Room Tip: I like staying in Room 11 as its real close to my car.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
YAMBASUN2014, Owner at Yamba Sun Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Hi Reg1961,
Thank you for reviewing our Motel.
We aim to provide a constant high standard that our guests can rely on, hence our high percentage of returning guests.
Graham and Bronnie.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

we spent 3 days travelling to Sydney - a nice slow ramble down - our first night was in Yamba at the Yamba Sun Motel - a great Motel - beautifully clean - really nice outlook - onto the pool area - fabulously situated for a walk around - near places to eat - all in all JUST great - and just by the by - was the cheapest accommodation and best accommodation on our way down - thank you to the hosts too!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Hi,
Thank you for your review.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.Hope to see you again,
Graham and Bronnie

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I frequently visit Yamba to catch up with friends who travel down from Brisbane and this time I thought I would try the Yamba Sun and am glad I did.
The value for money was good as is the motel which has been recently painted inside and out and has good sized rooms, TV and beds.
The motel's location is close to the local bowling club, shops, parks, marina and beaches and other conveniences. It is located near the road into town but the traffic noise is hardly noticeable as Yamba is a destination and not a through town. The motel also has a well kept and maintained pool and gardens and more than adequate parking plus the entire place inside and out is kept spotless. The staff and management are very friendly and helpful in every way and make you feel very welcome and are always giving advice for where and what to see.
Not many staff go out of their way to do that now as I have noticed previously. I will certainly stay there again my next trip to Yamba.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
YAMBASUN2014, Owner at Yamba Sun Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear JasonH,

Thank you for your review. Yamba is a great town and we are close to most amenities, and within walking distance to town. Our staff are excellent and take pride in a job well down and do love feedback, so I will pass your comments on to them.

Looking forward to having you stay some other time.

Bronnie

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Thanks for a another great stay it is was good to see the owners, Graham & Bronnie back running the motel, thanks for the beer it went down well after a long ride on the bike.
Will may call in on our way back home in a couple of weeks.
Great location across the road from the Bowling Club.
Thanks
James

Room Tip: We prefer the deluxe rooms with undercover parking for our bike
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear James,

Thank you for your review. Yes Graham and I are very happy to be back running the Motel.
The deluxe rooms have undercover parking which is great, but if they are booked next time you
come you are welcome to put your bike in our garage.

Bronnie
Owner

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights, we weren't looking for anything fancy.. but what they lacked in mod com's, they made up for in cleanliness & tidiness, the staff are lovely & helpful and the free bacon & eggs brekky that came from our wot if booking was an added bonus. There situated across from the bowls club & are close to all shops, I would highly recommend this motel.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
YAMBASUN2014, Manager at Yamba Sun Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Hi Ann
Thank you for your kind comments, we do pride ourselves on high housekeeping standards and we have conveyed your comments on to our staff.
Just out of curiosity, what are the mod cons you referred to that we are lacking?
Maybe you could drop us an email if you have the time: stay@yambasunmotel.com.au
We really appreciate any feedback, there are always things to improve on and we are happy to consider options.

Many thanks
Susan & Steve
Managers

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We arrived in Yamba a day earlier than our previously arranged accommodation was booked for and needed to find a room for 1 night only. We didn’t need anything fancy but still wanted somewhere that was clean and quiet in a good location at a reasonable price. Yamba Sun fit all of the above!

Initially ringing on the highway to enquire about the chance of short stay accommodation I was professionally greeted and knew I had called the right place. We had 2 children and the manager was able to put another bed in the room to help us out (even at short notice) and even provide a parking space for my large trailer.

Location was perfect to shops and restaurants and I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
YAMBASUN2014, Manager at Yamba Sun Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Hi Matt
Thank you for taking the time to review the Yamba Sun Motel.

Glad you popped in to Yamba and enjoyed your stay with us. It was our pleasure to accommodate your requirements.

Susan & Steve, Managers.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

My views on this motel are a little mixed as my first impression on check in was somewhat not a great one i though susan was somewhat rude there seemed to be some mix up with the booking as I had previously dealt with Grahame which I believe is the owner of the property well he didn't apparently practise what he preached and put the correct details in the system of the deal we were supposed to get the $10.00 voucher per day for sassafras restaurant which she told me was only for a internet booking but she wasn't going to argue with me I wasn't arguing just asked for what we were supposed to get with the deal I booked in the end she gave us one voucher claiming that we wouldn't be eating there everyday ( the thing i find quite amusing about this was the restaurant themselves give these away as when we dined there they gave us another one ) Second day I went and asked for milk and that seemed to be a issue as well as she claimed they should of put some in the room when they serviced it as they were very particular ( not to particular as they left the rubbish bag sitting on our kitchen bench ) But once again I felt the response was unwarranted I know they were busy and full and probably run of there feet but was not terribly impressed with the attitude on these occassions I have stayed in a number of motels, hotels resorts and B & B's both in Australia and overseas and have not encountered the rudeness on both these occassions but at other times she was very friendly and Steve was very nice maybe she was just having a few bad days but not good customer service but all in all it was a fairly pleasant stay good location nice breakfast , nice pool and gardens Yamba is a great place .

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
YambaSun, Manager at Yamba Sun Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Thank you for your comments. We apologise if any inconvenience was caused, we would always appreciate the opportunity to address any issues immediately.
Hope you will return.