“Like Being In France”

Dining options: Reservations
Sydney
“Like Being In France”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have been to this restaurant many times and my last visit was just before i went to Paris for 5 weeks in Oct 2012. The food is very good and i loved their Duck which having tasted similar in Paris is very good indeed. The waitress speaks French as well as English and always makes you feel welcome, she also joins in if you decide to try some French which is fun. They have French music playing in the back ground so while looking around at the various Paris icons you forget where you are. I can say when i feel like a French infusion to remind me of my vacation in Paris "The Little Frog" sends me right back. Prices good along with the food.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Philip M

Sydney, Australia
“So very disappointing”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had some really great recommendations on this....but we're very disappointed. We arrived to the most miserable girl greeting us and without a word spoken we were expected to follow to a table, then to.d to choose whatever one we liked. We waited a full 10 minutes to get a menu, this with only 2 other tables with guests. We had to open and pour our own drinks. When theme us arrived we were informed that there was a reduced menu as there were new owners and there was a lack of supplies. The waitress did say that she had tried to call us, but no one had called and left a message at all. A dull environment, poor service, miserable waitress and disappointing meal. Any steak Dianne I have had in the past was never a chunk of fillet steak with gravy. Never again. The only smile we got from the waitress was when we said no dessert!

• Visited March 2013
central coast
“a nice night”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We have dined here many times for special occassions. I have to say that I did not think it was as good as previous times but, it was still good. Menu is fairly short now days, but good variety. I had a feta and spinich tartlet and hubby had scallops for entree. Both very tasty and served quickly. Hubby had pork and I had chicken for dinner. Serving of meat was very large. I would have prefered a little less meat and a few green beans or a couple of asparagus spears. Meals were quite expensive and for the price, I think you could get a.50 cents worth of veg on the plate. A side of veg was $8 which I resent paying when I pay 35$ for chicken. Waitress brought water to the table but didnt serve it. Didn't offer to open our wine. Just little things but when you want a nice night out...those little things mean alot

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank bisbeesedona
“Not What it Used to be!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Having dined at this restaurant several times in the past, including one Valentine's Day a few years ago, we were disappointed to say the least, upon returning for Valentine's Day 2013. Management has changed, we would later find out from other patrons seated next to us that the new owners also run a local muffin break store. This detail is relevant, as it was mostly the service and dining experience rather than the food, that was severely lacking. At no time, when we booked or thereafter, were we advised rather than a multiple choice, French cuisine menu for the evening - as we had had in the past - it was a strict set menu for our $79 a head. Menu was hand written on a large whiteboard that the waitress carried over to our table (poor thing). Our appetiser, entree parts 1 & 2 had all been served within a matter of 30 minutes and the evening resembled a speed date rather than a nice, romantic evening! We had to request a wine list, we ordered 1 drink after our appetiser and were not offered another drink until after dessert, when we were offered coffee. In just over an hour, our romantic dinner was over. Meals were average and not the 'taste of France' we had previously enjoyed. We won't be going back.

3 Thank OJoScott37
Sydney, Australia
“Forget my first review - not the same experience at all!!!”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I was the first to review the little frog and at that point in time the restaurant was of a high standard for the area. Having been there since I must say that my fiancee and I were bitterly disappointed with both the service and the food. Having made a reservation we entered spoke to the waitress who greeted us and she looked confused as she could not find our booking (this happened to several groups after us also - and I later heard the waitresses saying that the manager has forgotten to write down the reservations again!!!) Regardless of this we were seated without a problem. We ordered wine and dinner, we ordered our favourites as the menu is the same but the quality of the food is another story entirely. Firstly, we had nice wine glasses set on the table but the wine came from the kitchen in small terrible quality glassware as opposed to the nice ones just sitting in front of us decorating the table - The wine - my goodness we would rather drink balsamic vinegar and at $12 a glass you'd expect something decent. Then came the food which for a very quiet evening took an exceptionally long time and when it came out it was not worth the wait - Items listed as being in the dish on the menu were missing and other additions not listed on the menu were on the plate, overall one of the worst restaurant experiences ever. Also they seem to have ditched their entertainment which has also ruined the atmosphere. It saddens me to say this as having what we first though to be a great local restaurant has now become a place with no redeeming features.

My advice - Don't bother.

• Visited October 2012