Mercure Kooindah Waters Central Coast
$112
$79
$70
Priceline
Lake Front Motel(The Entrance North)
$76
El Lago Waters Resort(The Entrance)
$103
$68
$79
  • Fitness center
Pullman Magenta Shores Resort(Magenta)(Great Value!)
$203
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Ibis Styles The Entrance(The Entrance)(Great Value!)
$73
Agoda.com
Sapphire Palms Motel(The Entrance)
$71
$61
Priceline
Jetty Motel(The Entrance)(Great Value!)
$94
$88
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmain buildingendota spaindoor lap pooltennis courtsgolf course viewlovely resortbedroom apartmentshort breakbuffet breakfastrelaxing stayking bedno liftstayed for one nightgreat weekendstandard rooman upgradequiet location
Reviewed May 21, 2010

Staff provided excellent service, the full sized apartment was a real treat and would comfortably sleep 4+
The cleanliness of one of the bathrooms was a bit of a let down.
Excellent facilities

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2010

This is my first review for Trip Advisor. You might say that my experience with this hotel prompted me to sign up and write this review.

A brief background before I start: I have seen all kinds of accomodation over the years, and have stayed in some of Australia's best hotels (thanks to my line of work), so I speak with a lot of experience behind me.

The Good:
The location is beautiful, Mantra Kooindah is the perfect place for a weekend getaway. There's plenty to do - golf, tennis, running, gym, spa, etc. So there's a lot to keep you busy.
The rooms were generally OK, but I will get to that later. The service was fairly good, although I have seen much better.

The Bad:
Stinky bathroom: My partner and I moved into a room, facing the car park - not the best view. We walked in and found that the room was very well maintained, comfy beds and sofas. All this was until we opened the bathroom door. It was the most disgusting smell we had experienced in a very long time - felt like we had opened the door to a sewer. We called housekeeping who acknowledged there was a problem and sprayed some bleach. A few hours later, once the overwhelming smell of bleach had subsided, the stench returned. It was so bad that we asked them to move us to another room - this was close to midnight! Fortunately, this room was within the main building but although they told us it was the same room (Studio Suite), it was missing the facilities of our previous (Stinky) room - i.e. no DVD player, microwave.

Pathetic room service: I have to admit this is a very busy time of the year (Easter weekend) but my partner was not well and we had to order room service - so we ordered dinner at 7.30, and were told that it would be delivered to us in 45-60 minutes. The meal eventually turned up at 9.15 pm and this was after repeated reminder calls to the restaurant. This is not what I expect from a 4-star hotel. The restaurant told us that they had to first attend to the guests there, and that room service has been delayed. I would expect that orders are handled on a first-come-first served basis.

Case of the missing toothbrush: We had forgotten to pack our toothbrushes, so we called housekeeping and asked for one of those toothbrush kits. What we were expecting was a standard toothbrush kit that most star hotels stock. Instead, we got brand new Colgate toothbrushes, which is better than what we expected. Of course, no one told us then that we would be charged 5 dollars for each brush. We only discovered this when we were settling the bill. I don't have a problem shelling 10 dollars on toothbrushes, but I would expect housekeeping to have let us know in advance. I thought that was very unprofessional.

Overall, I think this place does not offer value for money and I hope they do their best to fix their sanitary problems.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for my birthday weekend. I'd read previous reviews and so we made sure to book a golf course view studio room. The view was lovely and it was so nice to sit out on the verandah and eat breakfast in the morning. The room was nicely decorated and was very clean. The king bed was two singles joined together, which usually is pretty uncomfortable but in this bed it was almost unoticeable. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The only downside was, as mentioned before, the ridiculous waiting time in the restaraunt. We waited over 30 mins for our bread to arrive, let alone our meal! We'd definitely visit again but will avoid eating at the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2010

A quick drive from Sydney and a good range of 4 star resort facilities. Golf club was well run and pool areas flow very well - great kids pool. Food very average but in room kitchens well equiped. Couch bed was a disaster......more like a boat shape. Very large ensuite and master bedroom.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2009

we (party of 4) stayed in a 2 bed villa. Toilet smell in downstairs laundry ..appreared to be coming down a pipe that was somehow connected to the laundry area downstairs. Very dirty back patio. could not open the sliding door as the muck would have blown into the bedroom. Shower leak. TV reception went off and on ( we were told because it rained) not very helpful receptionist. pluses + - good size villa for 4, nice views of the golf course. Not worth the money unless maintenance issues and cleaning standard is lifted.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends