“a good quick break from Sydney”

Mercure Kooindah Waters Central Coast
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wyong
Reviewed January 3, 2010

A quick drive from Sydney and a good range of 4 star resort facilities. Golf club was well run and pool areas flow very well - great kids pool. Food very average but in room kitchens well equiped. Couch bed was a disaster......more like a boat shape. Very large ensuite and master bedroom.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed December 11, 2009

we (party of 4) stayed in a 2 bed villa. Toilet smell in downstairs laundry ..appreared to be coming down a pipe that was somehow connected to the laundry area downstairs. Very dirty back patio. could not open the sliding door as the muck would have blown into the bedroom. Shower leak. TV reception went off and on ( we were told because it rained) not very helpful receptionist. pluses + - good size villa for 4, nice views of the golf course. Not worth the money unless maintenance issues and cleaning standard is lifted.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 5, 2009

Myself and my beautiful bride used the hotel for our wedding weekend, we booked a 2 bedroom apartment for 2 nights, so all the girls could get ready the day of the wedding and have a girls night the night before, and so we had a beautiful spot for the wedding night and a quiet retreat the morning after! As we know Hotels on a long weekend are expensive so we paid $650 for 2 nights and hoped it would do the job, it did, and then some! The room was generous to say the least, It was huge! More a small house! Every appliance and conveniance was in the rooms, They were spotless and pristine. Plenty of cups and glasses and cutlery, proper sized ironing board, Fridge,washer,dishwasher etc. The blinds in the bedrooms were great for a DARK nights sleep, the beds are firm and the pillows but we slept well. we had a golf view and had a pond with birdlife right out our balconys. (with VERY friendly magpies and Swans!). There was plenty of fresh towels in the spotless bathrooms, The resturant we only used for breakfast and we had the full continental breakfast both mornings was well priced and the quality and range of foods was excellent.
The only small critisism i would add is the Guest parking is too small (not enough car spaces) we didnt get a park near our room all weekend,probably due to the long weekend, (short walk to normal car park which was ok) and the air conditioner was too noisy to sleep with on.(the motor is right outside the bedroom window) so we switched it off at night.
Overall though Mantra kooinda was excellent .

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2009

I recently stayed here for 2 nights as I had to be in Wyong for family reasons. I booked a studio room over the internet at the hotel's own last-minute rate of $125, which I thought good value for a 4 1/2 star resort.

Upon arrival, I was told I'd been upgraded to a golf course view room in the main building. I was happy about this as I had read the reviews about the rooms overlooking the carpark. Also, it meant there was a lift rather than stairs to negotiate.

The room was lovely - I couldn't fault it at all. I thought it was amazing value for $125 - really large and with everything you might need in it, but then Wyong isn't a tourist town - most people would only stay here if interested in playing golf.

My only gripe is with understaffing. We had a family dinner in the restaurant one night, and the kitchen and wait staff were obviously run off their feet as it took forever to get our meals. And when checking out in the morning, I had to wait about 30 minutes as there was a large group checking in early, and only one person on the desk.

I guess you get what you pay for, and this is obviously how they can afford to sell high-class rooms so cheaply - by not employing enough staff. The girl on the front desk was also very young and didn't use her brains to check people out first - she should have told the arriving people to wait, in my opinion, as there were four of us waiting around for ages to leave the hotel - all we had to do was leave the keys and have our tabs checked.

I would go back here but would insist on being checked out before arrivals next time. I also would try not to eat at the restaurant - wine and cheese and biscuits or a take-away in the room would be my preference. The studio rooms are big enough with tables and chairs inside and also on the patio outside to have a few people there for a meal.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2009

Clean, spacious modern rooms. Try to get a 'golf view' on first floor otherwise you may overlook the car park. Some rooms are in the clubhouse and some are a distance 100 metres away in separate buildings. Plenty of parking at no extra charge.

Nice ambiance especially if you are into golf.

Our accommodation was $139 with breakfast for two included. Breakfast was as best I have had in 4 star resorts. Have stayed twice and happy to stay again.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2009

Stayed here overnight for a long weekend with hubby and 2.5yr old daughter. Had a hot deal for $125 for studio room + full buffet breakfast and late checkout at 12pm! Such good value for money.

Resort is so beautiful! Very modern. Its only 2 yrs old and all decor is brand new and nice. Our room was somehow upgraded to a one bedroom which had a better view than my parents who stayed 2 room next to us. We were in the hotel are as other studio room are located in the apartments area which views are car park which was fine as this rooms has mini kitchen (no stove but there is microwave).

Our one bedroom had a lounge room, balcony view front of the hotel and room has queen size bed with another lcd tv with view part of gold course.

Bed is super comfy! Loved it! Bathroom has bath tub, nice shower with adjustable shower head. Toiletries supplied and were nice fragnant ones.

Made used of the indoor pool but it wasn't warm enough as I think the heater hasn't been long enough.

Buffet breakfast was yummy! Worth it! Hot food, fruits, pastries, cereals, fresh juices etc.
We went for a walk around the golf course and was beautiful grounds.. I don't play golf so I wouldnt really know if the course is good but there were plenty of people playing.

The resort is through a new estate of residential houses. Apparently the houses starts fr $450k.

Will definately come back to stay here. It's only 15-20mins drive to the beach for summer.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Sabbylicious
Reviewed January 28, 2009

I stayed here for a Saturday night so I could get out of the city for the weekend. One day in the day spa, one day on the golf course. It was fantastic!

My room was a one bedroom apartment looking over the golf course. The kitchen was fantastic, the room neat, tidy and clean. My only real complaint would be there didn't seem to be a fan in the bathroom so it got very steamy after a shower.

The day spa was great. The tennis courts are free and there is a pool and bbq area. The golf course is challenging, be prepared to lose a few golf balls in the water!

We had lunch in the restaurant which I highly recommend (didn't get to try out dinner).

I have already booked again for a longer stay over Easter this year!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank krustyfries
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyong
Crowne Plaza Terrigal Pacific
Mantra Ettalong Beach
#1 of 2 in Ettalong Beach
5 mi away
Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance

Been to Mercure Kooindah Waters Central Coast? Share your experiences!