Stayed for one night over the Australia Day long weekend.
What a lovely place. We checked in a little early, our room wasn't ready so they upgraded us to a room overlooking the tee area for the 10thHole. Cost was $289 for 1night accommodation, breakfast, choice of golf and cart or spa treatment for 2. When I rang I was quoted $239 but I didn't ask for a confirmation email so I had no proof. It was still worth the extra. No free internet.
Reception was so friendly and helpful, a delight.
We were allotted room 241 and what a lovely room. They call them pods and each has 11 units in them. Five rooms on two levels and one on top. Two rooms are then in a small foyer which has another door that can be locked making it interconnecting rooms. (If that makes sense)
You walk into the room it looks lovely and roomy. One big room with combined lounge/dining and kitchen. Decorated tastefully it has all you could need even to stay for a week or more. It has a well equipped kitchen that has everything you could need. Dishwasher, microwave, oven, stove and full size fridge and all the essentials you need for cooking. There is also a large pantry which holds a washing machine, small laundry tub bench and iron. No drier, but one of those small portable fold out types.
My only complaint is the uncomfortable lounges. Just so hard and rigid. Lots of soft lighting. Tv in lounge and bedroom along with a micro sound system. Air conditioned but also a large double sliding door that leads onto a reasonable size verandah with a out door table and chair setting.
Bathroom is large. With hairdryer and basic toiletries. It has a shower in the bath something I'm not too keen on and there is no sign of any mould or mildew, an A++ in my opinion.
Bedroom also has airconditioning and a large sliding door and verandah over looking the carpark. Bed is double size and small if used to sleeping in a king size bed and quite firm with plenty of pillows. There is a large wardrobe and set of drawers with a tv so you can watch in bed.
It's such a lovely place to stay.
Breakfast had a variety of foods. Cereals with dried fruits. Yogurts and Bircher muselii and fresh seasonal fruits. Hot food selection included eggs, bacon, sausages, grilled tomato, mushroom, potato gems, DIY toast and waffles. You won't go hungry.
We played golf. Being the holiday Monday it was exceptionally slow. The course is in great condition even though most of the water hazards and ponds have almost dried up. Played 13 holes only and look forward to going again to play 18. If you don't hit straight make sure you bring along plenty of balls, you will need them. A challenging course which is flat and would be easy walking.
I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it over its opposition down the road at The Entrance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Are you looking for an ideal venue for a business conference? A relaxing weekend getaway but don’t want to travel too far from Sydney or Newcastle? Or trying to find an ideal venue for your wedding? Whether for business, a function, or a private weekend getaway, you can now find all the facilities, ambiance and luxury you need, just 90 minutes north of the Sydney CBD – at Mercure Kooindah Waters Golf and Spa Resort. Stay at Kooindah waters and enjoy…• Be active. Play golf on our Ross Watson-designed, 18-hole championship standard golf course – or try our private gym or tennis courts. • Relax. Visit our endota day spa with luxurious treatment rooms or our indoor 25m lap pool, leisure pool, spa or sauna. • Indulge. Enjoy a meal at our exclusive Karinya’s Restaurant and Wine Bar overlooking the stunning golf course and wetlands. • Explore. Go wine tasting in the Hunter Valley, just a 40 minute drive, or visit the beaches of the Central Coast in under 30 minutes. Nearby Tuggerah Lake also offers serene picnic spots and a plethora of water sports with kayaks and bicycles for hire. Local National Parks boast a multitude of walking tracks, and the Yarramalong and Dooralong Valleys offer horse riding, kids’ activities, art galleries and charming villages. Accommodation OptionsMercure Kooindah Waters has a variety of Accommodation styles available to our guests from hotel rooms to spacious self-contained apartments - including standard king rooms or one, two and three bedroom self contained apartments. Most rooms offering beautiful views over the golf course with private balconies. Conferences and EventsMercure Kooindah Waters Golf and Spa Resort offer everything you need for a conference or event. There are six indoor function rooms, all with natural light and our Kooindah Ballroom boasts wetland views as well as many various outdoor areas to choose from. Weddings: Mercure Kooindah Waters offer an ideal location to celebrate your wedding and exchange vows, overlooking the glorious golf course and surrounding wetlands. The resort has all the requirements you need for your special day with ceremony and reception venues, dining, accommodation and a day spa all onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Mercure Kooindah Waters Central Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Kooindah Waters Central Coast Hotel Wyong
- Mantra Kooindah Waters Hotel