“Exepectations met”

Mercure Kooindah Waters Central Coast
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wyong
“Exepectations met”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This is a large hotel and I would expect most of you potentially looking would come here for the golf course, ironcially I came here for the pool and tennis courts.

Although it was ust for a short weekend, 1 night with my girlfriend, the place had met all my expectations. The room that I booked was the 'Standard 1 king-size bed with golf course view'. Golf view was not all that spectacular however the room was big, very spacious.

Secure parking (with the room I got) was a plus although I did have a challenge to get the swipe card to scan into the parking lot.

Staff were good, nothing to rave about.

Pro - Golf course, Large property, quiet, well maintained facilities, Pool/spa was clean. Excellent Tennis courts.

Con - expensive breakfast. King Bed was acutally 2 single beds zipped together Covered with Kind size linen.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Daniel P, General Manager at Mercure Kooindah Waters Central Coast, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thanks for the review. I am glad we met your expectations. I'll have the Maintenance Manager check the swipe mechinism on the secure car park. Appreciate the feedback and hopefully will welcome you back at a later date.

Dan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Korean first
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Our room was very good room 105 upstairs on the corner overlooking the golf course. Staff gave us a pleasant welcome. The hotel did not have too many guests.
I had a swim in a heated 2 lane indoor lap pool which was fine. The spa was good and it had lots of bubbles.. The sauna was fine also. There is a small gym as well. After my swim Iwent to the restaurant which was only half full. I was told that it was all booked up. I said I'll just have a soup of the day and eat it over there for about 5 muinutes. They said OK.
I then went to the bar where I got a complementary drink with a voucher I had. I ended up waiting about 50 muinutes for my soup and got 2 free drinks and the soup for nothing. Only problem was my wife expected me back 40 minutes ago.
Finally when i arrived home I got a bill for the mini bar in my room that was not correct. i'm now waiting for a refund.
Overall it's a hidden gem with staff who try to help but the execution seems somewhat lacking.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the review. It was disappointing to hear about your experience in our restaurant. I have discussed your points with our Food and Beverage Manager. We have recently embarked on a program that will see us review and refine our operating procedures and systems so that we are better equipped and trained to deliver on our promise at breakfast, lunch and dinner. I appreciate your honest assesment and hopefully I can welcome you back at a later date.

sydney
Reviewed November 30, 2013

The hotel is clean, modern and spacious. We have stayed in both the one and two-bedroom apartments with kids. The day-spa is great and the pool facilities excellent. Even though we stayed in winter (twice), there was plenty to do with the indoor pool and spa and nearby Westfields.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate your thoughts and am glad that we can consistently provide you and enjoyable stay.

Many thanks

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Bought the stay and play package. Husband went and plated golf whilst I went to the spa. The pool was great. Really big. Buffet breakfast was great. Everything you would want. The spa was fantastic. Got a facial and pedicure. So relaxing. Wanted to stay longer. Would go back again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks and do please come back!

Hughesdale, Australia
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night for work, and had a third floor room overlooking the golf course. I wish I could have stayed longer as the resort looked like it had lots to offer for a leisure stay (the endota spa on site definitely appealed!). The bed was comfortable, the room and bathroom spacious and everything was clean. The curtains didn't quite block out the very early morning sunshine, but that's a small gripe. A reliable hotel in a lovely location.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Daniel P, General Manager at Mercure Kooindah Waters Central Coast, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks

Dan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyong
Crowne Plaza
Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance
Mantra Ettalong Beach
Mantra Ettalong Beach
#1 of 2 in Ettalong Beach

Been to Mercure Kooindah Waters Central Coast? Share your experiences!