“The worst service ever!”

Mercure Kooindah Waters Central Coast
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wyong
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I and the 22 other guests in my party were appalled at the service that you receive at this hotel - actually not sure I could call it service. If we were not being ignored or made to feel as though they were better than us, we were being called "mate" or been walked away on or hung up on. As a well traveled person I would have to say that I have never experienced anything like this before (and they say the French are this rude - the staff at Wyong take the cake).
Not only will we not be going back, I am doubtful that we will be renewing our Accor membership either.
APPALLING.

1  Thank Traveledaplenty
Management response:Responded February 28, 2013

Dear Traveledaplenty,
I am greatly disappointed to read your post regarding the service you and your party received during your stay with us. There is absolutely no excuse for rudeness from staff. The team and I are all here to assist in any way possible to provide enjoyable experiences to our guests, and I would like to sincerely apologise that this did not occur throughout your stay. I have discussed your comments with all department managers in order to immediately address any concerns so that future guests do not experience the same issues. I am greatly concerned that this experience has caused you to lose faith in Accor and our loyalty program. I would certainly appreciate the opportunity to speak to you in person and discuss the matter further. Please do not hesitate to contact me at the resort on 02 4355 5777.
Kind regards,
Jessie Sheehan

Reviewed January 29, 2013

1  Thank MelindaBondiBeach
Reviewed January 26, 2013

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a business trip . I have stayed at many mecures in Europe . Clean , basic rooms , generally curious .

But this was different . Desk was indifferent , the room was excellent , but the tv did not work , still waiting to get that fixed , elevator did not work , I was told to carry my bags several flights of stairs ?????

The restraurant was very good and the service was even better .

But I will not be coming back to this hotel in future trips .

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Mike T
Management response:Responded February 28, 2013

Dear MikeT,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the resort. I can understand your frustration with both the TV and the lift not working. It is not acceptable for you to have been asked to carry your luggage up the stairs. I have discussed this matter with the reception team to ensure that luggage assistance is always offered, especially in the case of the lift being out of order. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your experience in our restaurant and I will pass your comments onto the food and beverage team. I am disappointed to read that you would not consider returning to our property. I would like to apologise for the inconvenience you experienced. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel should you wish to discuss the matter further on 02 4355 5777. I would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort in future so that we may restore your faith in us.
Kind regards,
Jessie Sheehan

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We recently stayed at the Kooindah Waters Golf Resort. The resort offers an abundance of choice with golf on a quality course, swimming in their expansive pool, tennis, spa, gym etc and all within about 15 min of the golden sands of Shelley Beach. We highly recommend this resort for a relaxing stay. Opt for apartments 404-410 with lovely views over the 12th green. The restaurant food is superb.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BandD_12
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We spent 2 nights at Kooindah with parents, firstly if you are going to this place ensure you know where it is, its not easy to find.
We had a 2 room split level room, which was fine, however the 2nd bedroom is really small and seems to be really set up for kids. The 2nd Bedroom has no TV and is not ensuite (the main bedroom has both). One really annoying thing is the air con the controls are for both bedrooms so if one room wants it cooler than the other you cannot - given we were with elderly parents that caused some issues. Unless driving to Wyong or beyond the only choice to eat is the clubhouse, which seems lacking in atmosphere and is all open, hence given a choice wouldnt go back, the prices are high as well.
All in all think I would give this a miss, it seems more of a family with young kids type venue.

A TripAdvisor Member
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The only small thing that I would change was the sleeping pillows, Good to have one full and one soft - that's me.

Dining Room Waiting staff were excellent, especially Lisa and a male in the evening(I have forgotten his name - I did fill out a feedback form)

Thanks for an enjoyable couple of days.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyong
Crowne Plaza
Pullman Magenta Shores Resort
Mantra Ettalong Beach
Mantra Ettalong Beach
#1 of 2 in Ettalong Beach

Been to Mercure Kooindah Waters Central Coast? Share your experiences!