“Sunny D in Margaritas and Sangria”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
PEPPERJACKS TEX MEX GRILL & AZUL LOUNGE
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
boston
“Sunny D in Margaritas and Sangria”
Reviewed April 22, 2011

Don't waste your time or money going here, seriously. It was the worst Mexican I've even eaten in a restaurant. He insisted that I witness him put Patron in the margarita so I couldn't say he charged me extra for it without giving it to me. It was not even a whole shot; it was the end of the bottle and he should have opened another one to give me the full shot since he still charged me the full extra $3 for top shelf. He started it off with a big glug of SunnyD--Gross! The same goes for the sangria, when I saw him (the owner) add SunnyD I told him forget it. Also, they add 18% automatically to parties of 4 or more, never seen that before. Most of our food had to be sent back because it was not hot at all. This was the first time in years I didn't take my leftovers home with me; it tasted like pure salt. They charge extra, like $3, for salsa and normal condiments. Just do yourself a favor and walk past.

• Visited April 2011
2 Thank mairtraveler

Blandon, Pennsylvania
“bland”
Reviewed April 13, 2011

There was no flavor in the food. I don't generally like things too spicy-hot, but there was no seasoning whatsoever. Very disappointing meal. Not at all what I consider to be authentic Tex-Mex at all!

• Visited April 2011
Central,NJ
“Should have gone to TacoBell”
Reviewed September 6, 2010

This is my first review ever. I signed up just so I could warn you about this place. The soft taco was awful...chicken with taco seasoning you buy at the food store. My daughters grilled cheese wasn't even melted. The sangria was $10 a glass and tasted like a bad juice box! STAY AWAY!!!!

1 Thank jilbeane
Philadelphia
“PepperJacks Wrecks-Mex Grill”
Reviewed May 30, 2010

This was probably the sorriest excuse for mexican and/or tex-mex that I have ever experienced. The chicken was bland. Portions were tiny. The decor was tacky. The only reason I gave it two out of five stars is because our server was pleasant and it was fast. The place has no other redeeming qualities. Stay away. Taco Bell both higher quality and more authentic.

4 Thank ratherbeflying
Lehighton
“Don't order alcoholic drinks or expect big portions.”
Reviewed February 19, 2010

Okay burrito and nachos, but we returned a strawberry margarita after two sips. It had a two inch mound of ice, didn't have any strawberry taste to it, and neither of us thought there was alcohol in it. It tasted like liquid cotton candy...really. The waitress said she'd deduct it from our bill, but then, IN FRONT OF US, her boss/the cook told her the price of the drink would be deducted from her pay. In the end, we insisted on paying for the undrinkable drink because we just wanted to get out. The atmosphere made us very uncomfortable. There was no one there but us, and we were being closedly watched. The cook/owner? sat one table away from us as we ate. We felt sorry for the waitress because she was new, and left alone, and obviously being closely monitored. I would not eat there again...very uncomfortable setting.

2 Thank TwelveSouth