Inn at Jim Thorpe
Hill Home Forge(Jim Thorpe)
$155
$119
Mahoning Inn(Lehighton)(Great Value!)
$80
$181
Hotels.com
Penn Terrace Motel(Beaver Meadows)
$55
$99
$89
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmini suitesecond floor balconybreakfast vouchersbroadway grilleper personattached restaurantnew orleans stylecookiesmain buildingmy husband and istaff was very friendly and helpfulmaster suitelimited parkingnice balconymid weekin towngas fireplace
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Rooms under $100 are usually not something to brag about.. but the inn is a 'keeper,"

Two queen beds for comfort, updated baths & Keurig coffee maker in room made this stopover a wise choice.

We ate on the New Orleans-style veranda. Christine was kind enough to bring our food up at breakfast and we really appreciated her extra effort.

Very romantic but also very convenient to everything in town.

Worth the trip!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Chocoholicjr
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed in an awesome room with a little sitting area. When we first got there, there was a problem with the room we booked - and they even offered to upgrade us one class of room. But I really liked what I had booked and they were able to put us in the exact same type of room. All within about 3 minutes. Super friendly check-in and great service. Oh, did I mention they give you fresh-baked cookies when you check in? Delish! The room was really charming, comfortable bed and couch, quiet, just lovely. We hit the Broadway Grill for a couple of cocktails - REALLY cool old-timey bar. Then it was off to see the sights in Jim Thorpe, which was super easy as the location of the Inn was fantastic - right smack dab in the center of things. Our room also included breakfast which was awesome. Take a tip from me - get the Maple Vanilla French Toast. It just might have been the best thing I ate in an entire week's vacation! All in all a really charming hotel, very historic, great location, great value, great customer service...you just can't beat it!

Room Tip: If you're looking to book this and it shows it's sold out on popular travel websites, go directly to the Inn's website. I almost missed out thinking they were booked up, but they had plenty of rooms available. And you can look at each individual room on their website!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gabyzee
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I really liked the location and vibe of this quaint old hotel. It is very well located in Jim Thorpe, the rooms have been all redone, and the prices are reasonable. Problems are, poor/no parking, VERY SMALL rooms, and no elevators. But, if you want to be where the action is in Jim Thorpe, this is one of the best places. You can walk to everything.

Room Tip: No comment
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tm216butler
InnJimThorpe, Public Relations Manager at Inn at Jim Thorpe, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Hello, and thanks so much for your comments! Pardon us, but we need to correct a few points that you mentioned so other travelers don't get confused: We DO have an elevator that goes throughout the entire hotel, from 4th (top) floor guest rooms and back down to our lower level where the ice machine, game room, nail salon and conference rooms are located. And, you mentioned the size of the rooms. We have 3 room sizes: standard, deluxe and mini-suites. Obviously, the standard rooms are the smallest and the price reflects that. Next time you plan a visit, check out one of the larger rooms... we think you'll like them. All of the room descriptions, as well as general floor plans, are on our web site. And our staff will be glad to help advise you, too. Just give us a call. We appreciate your comments, please come visit us again soon!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stay away from the mini Suite, customer service's horrible.
The mini Suite I got is on the second floor, it was right above the on-site restaurant kitchen. Not mention about the smell. What's worst is the venting fan from the restaurant, which is humming all the night. Called the front desk at midnight and even showed her where the noise came from. She said "the restaurant is closed and I can't find anyone to turn it off". The window lock is broken. So you can't close the window tightly. I Couldn't sleep till 3am.
It was the same the next day. No one turned off the venting fan at all. Still humming all the night.
After came back, I complained with customer service again. They apologized and promised to send me a free one-night stay voucher. Guess what? I'm still waiting for that voucher after 11 months.
They have a skylight in the mini-suite, which is nice. They also have a jacuzzi, but instead in the bath room, the jacuzzi is in the bedroom. That's right, the jacuzzi is literally three feet away from your bed in the bedroom. You can jump into the jacuzzi right off your bed. I didn't touch the jacuzzi. I don't want my room filled with steam.

To be fair, the location is very nice. But after paying over $500 for two nights, I'm not happy with my room and their customer service at all.

Room Tip: Again, stay away from the kitchen.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank breathingyou
InnJimThorpe, Public Relations Manager at Inn at Jim Thorpe, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Hello there. We're a bit suspicious of this comment, we must admit. It's your first post, ever, on Tripadvisor. And you decided to write a review about your stay that occurred 11 months ago. Despite this, we encourage you to send us an email with your actual name, room number and date of stay, and we'll be glad to send you that promised voucher. Not sure why you waited so long to rant publicly that you never received it, but I guess you were unable to reach us by phone or email, as the thousands of other guests do on a regular basis. But we'll be glad to take care of it for you, because we try very hard to please our guests and we certainly want to make sure that you're happy.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

The stay at this inn was great. Attentive service and clean rooms. A very quit and it has nice balcony where you can bring your breakfast or dinner even if it was bought outside of the Inn. The room was huge and well maintained. Onsite restaurant also satisfied our needs. The cousine was creative and tasty. The Inn has a perfect location for discovering of Jim Thorpe's Antiques and attractions. On arrival they giving you coupons for 7$ discount pp for morning breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank YuryGr

Thank you so much for your nice comments, we really appreciate that you took the time to write. We hope you're coming to see us again soon. Cheers!