“My favorite place to stay in the coal region of eastern PA”
Review of Inn at Jim Thorpe

Inn at Jim Thorpe
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jim Thorpe
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I visit the coal country region of eastern Pennsylvania for genealogical research purposes (Schuylkill and Carbon counties). Before I found the Inn at Jim Thorpe, I had limited my trips because of the lack of decent hotels in that region. I sometimes travel solo, and did not feel safe at some of the motels in the area. I have stayed at the Inn even though it was 40 minutes from my travel destination because I felt comfortable there. I have been to the Inn solo and with my husband, and was pleased with both stays. I felt very comfortable staying there alone. I liked that they have a restaurant on the premises, so I did not have to leave the hotel alone at night. By the way, the meals were surprisingly good! I would choose to eat there over other restaurants in the area even if I were not staying at the Inn. The rooms were spacious enough, beds comfortable, and hallways quiet. On a warm night, I recommend having a drink or dinner on the balcony overlooking main street--very relaxing. The one downside is that parking can be difficult, and if the adjacent lot is full, the guests have to park across the street.

1  Thank DBFX

Reviewed May 11, 2013

This was our first stay at the Inn - the room was so pretty - charming - the second floor had an outside deck guests could sit outside and relax with a cocktail. The room was very neat and fresh - the bathroom - I LOVED! It was the exact sink and mirrors, light fixtures we are redoing our bathroom at home - very victorian. The hotels bathroom toiletries were all natural and genius! We only stayed one night, any more we would have had a problem with the firm bed. For us - it was tooooo firm.

We enjoyed a good lunch at the bar and chatted with the bartender. Really nice. With our reservation at the Inn, we received a voucher for breakfast the next morning, nice touch! And, breakfast was so yummy. Other than the firm bed - loved the place.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My Fiance and I found this little piece of heaven one day and decided to give it a try 2 yrs ago .... and we still keep coming back. It is our relaxing romantic getaway. We love it so much we took a few friends with us to celebrate my 30th birthday last Sept and all stayed at the Inn. We just stayed again the last weekend in April and had a great time, yet again. I actually got a call that there was a problem with the room I was booked in before we got there and Jim was great at helping us switch rooms and getting what we needed. The hotel is VERY clean, comfortable beds, spacious rooms, nice decor. We always try to stay in a mini suite, the Jacuzzi tubs are great! It is nice each room has a DVD player for relaxing nights in ( turkey hill up the block has a red box rental). Its nice how every room has a place to sit and watch TV besides the beds. The staff is always friendly. We went to the Spa this time and very much enjoyed our couples massage. The Inn is always having specials on rooms and services which is great. They have a great balcony on the 2nd floor, were you can sit out on, relax, play a game and have a bottle of wine if you like from the towns own winery a few moments away! Or a game room to keep you busy for a few min too. The town really is beautiful and the inn just adds to it! I love the shops, the lake and park down the street and the Inn. Roadies Restaurant is a must each time! The front desk has printed directions for the areas attractions which helps out! The food at the Broadway Grill isn't bad ... I think they had more of a food choice (especially for breakfast) before they changed the menu recently, but food is not bad. If your looking for a quite relax weekend, this is the town and this is definitely the place to stay .... it is not a go out busy every night vacation! It has tons of history and we will definitely keep coming back to the Inn at Jim Thorpe.

1  Thank Christine0924
Reviewed May 7, 2013

What a gem of an inn in a gem of a town! Situated on the main road in historic Jim Thorpe, The Inn at Jim Thorpe is locted in the center of it all - charming shops, great restuarants and the historical beauty of the town. Beautifuuly restored, the rooms are well appointed, meticulously clean and large. The staff is friendly, attentive and exceptionally knowledgeable about Jim Thorpe and what to do and see in town. I love that you can walk to everything from The Inn and don't have to walk but a few steps to their dining room if you wish to stay in. I recommend having breakfast there - other meals are mediocre and there are plenty of great restaurants in town. Great inn for a romantic getaway or a weekend awasy with friends!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

One of the best weekends ever staying at the Inn with a Romantic Getaway Package. Check in was immediate. We could not park behind the hotel, but were able to across the street. The room was very clean and our bottle of local wine was waiting for us when we got in. We took it right away to the balcony over looking Broadway and people watched for an hour in the warm sun. We then got changed and went down for dinner and drinks using our voucher. Dinner was quite good and very filling. We sat in the bar because it is more active an atmosphere. The drinks were generous and the service was good.
We then walked up the street to the Opera House and saw the Cast of Beatlemania. Great show!
The next morning we used vouchers for an excellent breakfast. I found out what Scrapple is!
Our day consisted of hiking and shopping. Then we had our side by side couples massage (part of the package). Very nice! After a shower w walked up the street to Crave and tried Absinth up the street before checking out Moya - extremely wonderful meal!

Room Tip: If you don't like ghosts - say so.
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed in room 315 the weekend of April 26th. What a great weekend! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room (a mini-suite) was very large and very clean. The Jacuzzi tub was a little small but was very nice. We were hoping for a ghost encounter but that didn't happen. We enjoyed spending time on the second floor balcony watching people below. There is a winery tasting room about a block away on Race Street which was very convenient.

Some other reviews complained about street noise. We were in a street-side room and were aware of street noise but it was not so loud as to be worth complaining about. Someone else complained about the church bells. We only heard them on Sunday morning and, hey, it's Sunday morning and it's a church! They were beautiful!

We ate at Moya one night which was excellent and reasonably priced. The Inn is close to everything. The prison is the furthest attraction and that was an easy walk of less than half a mile. We parked on Friday afternoon and didn't move the car until we checked out on Sunday. Though we were there off-season, almost all shops were open. Just about everyone we met was very friendly. Shopkeepers were friendly and helpful. The lady at the Historical Society was a wealth of information as was the gentleman at the Mauch Chunk museum and Marge from the toy store.

We went on a Groupon discount coupon. Some places have treated us as second class guests in the past when we used one of these. The Inn did not! We will be back and look forward to it!

Room Tip: We liked the street-side, third floor room. You do hear some traffic noise. That did not bother us...
1  Thank halfwitt
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed at the quaint Inn on Thanksgiving Weekend. The balcony at night overlooking the town is so cool. The town is a must see, walking through the town, checking out the unique shops. We took a train ride through the gorge, which was awesome. The room we stayed in was in the back of the Inn and at night time we could see the illuminated mansion through our window. We plan to go back this Thanksgiving for a 1 year anniversary. The only negative was the restaurant at the Inn, I felt the food wasn't all that.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoAnn C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jim Thorpe
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe), PA
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony
The Village at Pocono
The Village at Pocono
#1 of 1 in Long Pond

Been to Inn at Jim Thorpe? Share your experiences!